Toys of Danger we loved

614p1t8KnYL.jpg

Nailed my little brother a time or two,accidentally (NOT) He shouildn't have agreed to stand in the circle
:)

View attachment 16787
Nailed my little brother a time or two,accidentally (NOT) He shouildn't have agreed to stand in the circle
:)

You totally stole mine! :smileycat: I just came in here to shout JARTS! ! I love them and miss them.

Horseshoes is an okay substitute but no danger of getting impaled. Boo!

We found enough dangerous things to do without store bought toys. Rock fights come to mind, more like rock dodge ball now that I think about it.
My boys did that and also had bottle rocket battles. I look back and I'm amazed they lived through childhood.

Last edited:
How about toys with little bitty parts? My middle son once stuck a matchbox motorcycle fender up his nose into his sinus cavity to "see what would happen." And then there's the Lite Brite toy!

shopping

All those tiny little pegs. Looked like candy to babies.

Reactions: Benway and Mokey
We found enough dangerous things to do without store bought toys. Rock fights come to mind, more like rock dodge ball now that I think about it.
We used to have rock fights(wars) with the kids across the road.One war I pegged a rock and split the enemies head open.As I was being congratulated by my mates I stepped back onto a 3inch cactus spine.Mum came out and instead of pulling the cactus out gave me a belting.I was 32 at the time,no, joking, I was eight.But what a shot.

The only bad toy was a air gun my mate gave me,well not a toy really but at ten it was, until my friend shot me in the thigh and we spent the afternoon digging it out before mum got home.You can see why oz has strict gun laws now.

It seems that everyone had toys from the Uncle Fester Toy Company.
download.jpeg
I am around lots of solvents and chemicals and can identify many by smell. Many soft plastic toys were loaded with volatile organic compounds. I still remember the smells in my mind's eye and they kill brain cells:(.
The psychodelic colored bubble blowing kit was bad. You would put a small wad of this multi colored bubble gum looking stuff at the end of a straw and blow a wild looking bubble. And you would inhale quite a bit of it along the way. uBpMH-1454431240-1531-list_items-super_elastic_bubble_plastic.jpg it has polyvinyl acetate which is a very cheap plastic used in latex paint. And acetone. Banned in the 80s.

Last edited: