Tomb guarded by "Dead Nails"

iron is a good protection, thought to make magick useless and protect from various beings.... has to be cold iron though, or true wrought iron, (hard to find). wrought iron today is actually mild steel, as is most things claimed to be iron, cheaper to manufacture. i find the ways and things used by the past people to be a fascinating study. the woods used, herbs, metals, spices, etc... very interesting

You guys might give a kick out of this. When my mom and dad had me, They had to furnish their new apartment together.
They bought a wrought iron patio set. Dad always had a head for figures. Eventually that became the patio furniture. Then my brother's when he moved to Lake Michigan, his patio stuff.
Me being me, I used a nice combination of an angle grinder and a mechanical wire brush and a little bit of sand blasting. Primed it all with red rust epoxy left over from a sewage treatment job. And today it's mine. Now I live on a little lake. For some reason Mom wants that furniture to follow people around when they live on a lake.

20 + years since, no rust. And I'm going to paint it this season in Augusta Green. Gotta go find that Pantone fan deck.
(Gee Wizz, that stuff is 57 years old. )

Debi, Mom and Dad's apartment was in Lancing off the expressway into Chicago. The round one. And she knows exactly were that is.

iron is a good protection, thought to make magick useless and protect from various beings.... has to be cold iron though, or true wrought iron, (hard to find). wrought iron today is actually mild steel, as is most things claimed to be iron, cheaper to manufacture. i find the ways and things used by the past people to be a fascinating study. the woods used, herbs, metals, spices, etc... very interesting
There are a lot of old cemeteries surrounded by wrought iron fencing, makes sense. I wonder how our ancestors came to these practices.

There are a lot of old cemeteries surrounded by wrought iron fencing, makes sense. I wonder how our ancestors came to these practices.
nice catch/observation on the cemeteries Lynne... its cool learning all the old "wives tales" or traditions and the similarities between regions. the Appalachian area and the ozarks are two right off hand that has had and still have a lot of folklore and traditions. so many old traditions like iron, silver, monkshood, rowan wood, mountain ash, witches bottles, salt. bottle trees...etc.... the list is endless.... whether folklore, legend, or true doesnt matter, still a fascinating topic of study to learn the practices and beliefs of our past anscestors,,,

nice catch/observation on the cemeteries Lynne... its cool learning all the old "wives tales" or traditions and the similarities between regions. the Appalachian area and the ozarks are two right off hand that has had and still have a lot of folklore and traditions. so many old traditions like iron, silver, monkshood, rowan wood, mountain ash, witches bottles, salt. bottle trees...etc.... the list is endless.... whether folklore, legend, or true doesnt matter, still a fascinating topic of study to learn the practices and beliefs of our past anscestors,,,
Indeed true, but it would be interesting to know how they came to their conclusions. Who was the first one to hold up a piece of metal to an evil entity or zombie? lol. Can't help but wonder.