Today's question...

I was lucky enough to see Jerry Goldsmith conduct the Royal Scottish National Orchestra in Glasgow in 1999 where the orchestra performed many of his famous movie scores and a magical time it was. The night before I was invited to a private question and answer session where he did a kind of chat show format, I was just ten feet away but never got to meet or even ask him a question but he was asked what were the movie scores he composed that were favourites.

He mentioned two movies - L.A. Confidential and in his words a very underrated movie called The Ghost and the Darkness. I watched both and loved both soundtracks, the latter based on a true story and really worth a watch if you can track it down.

L.A. Confidential (1997) - IMDb

The Ghost and the Darkness (1996) - IMDb

Reactions: Lynne and Debi
The soundtrack for Highlander. Excellent. In which movie our very own TonyM played an extra and died 3 times. :p
Ohh yes. I loved the movies and the show. Adrian Paul was a “Steve” for sure. Wonder whatever happened to him.

Soundtrack for O Brother Where Art Thou? Really nice deep Southern blues, old timey bluegrass and old style gospel. Many songs are haunting. My favorite off the track is "Killing Floor Blues" with nice slide guitar.

Soundtrack for O Brother Where Art Thou? Really nice deep Southern blues, old timey bluegrass and old style gospel. Many songs are haunting. My favorite off the track is "Killing Floor Blues" with nice slide guitar.

I will have to listen to it. This is. Movie I missed.