Time...

119140428_3347236825354964_5800070763112645649_n.png

Time has moved faster as I've gotten older and since I got sick and ended up living alone its really blurred, but this year has been very different due to everything that's been happening. I mean, in spring I was in solo quarantine for at least three years. Today felt like an actual full day, which is equal to about ten days from the last few years and that's not unusual. It seems like about two weeks since the lady from the housing association last visited, but it was Friday. I have to log in to the UK.gov website once a week to check if they need anything for my benefits claim and I keep thinking it's time to check in only to find that it's only been two or three days. My whole perception of time has changed since I got covid-19.* It's a side-effect I'm not sorry about. I have after all gone from thinking I was about to die, to (if you think about it) getting a far longer life.

*There were no tests available at the time, but according to the death stats my neighbourhood was the local epicentre in spring, so it seems pretty certain that I had covid rather than flu.

Last edited:
Time has moved faster as I've gotten older and since I got sick and ended up living alone its really blurred, but this year has been very different due to everything that's been happening. I mean, in spring I was in solo quarantine for at least three years. Today felt like an actual full day, which is equal to about ten days from the last few years and that's not unusual. It seems like about two weeks since the lady from the housing association last visited, but it was Friday. I have to log in to the UK.gov website once a week to check if they need anything for my benefits claim and I keep thinking it's time to check in only to find that it's only been two or three days. My whole perception of time has changed since I got covid-19.* It's a side-effect I'm not sorry about. I have after all gone from thinking I was about to die, to (if you think about it) getting a far longer life.

*There were no tests available at the time, but according to the death stats my neighbourhood was the local epicentre in spring, so it seems pretty certain that I had covid rather than flu.
I’m glad you came through that. I hope you are doing better.

Reactions: Benway