Time-traveling TV shows are now a trend

7Critter

Paranormal Trooper
Staff
Reaction score
legends.png

Another time-traveling project is headed to TV: Producers from Family Guy and The Lego Movie are teaming up for a time-travel comedy for Fox.

The network has given a pilot order to an untitled series about three friends who “find an even less likely way to travel through time, irreversibly complicating their personal lives in 2016, as the great moments of the past collide with today’s popular culture, with hilarious and quite disastrous results.”

The project is from writer-producer Julius “Goldie” Sharpe (Family Guy), along with executive producers Phil Lord and Chris Miller (The Lego Movie), and Seth Cohen (The Last Man on Earth).

The pilot order comes on the heels of a time-travel project getting a series order last week at Comedy Central: Time Traveling Bong (or, our preferred title, Bong to the Future) which “centers on two cousins, played by Ilana Glazer and Paul Downs, who discover a time-traveling bong and ride high as they blaze through time. Their buzz is killed when the bong breaks and the cousins are forced to bounce around the space time continuum, learning to appreciate there’s no time like the present.”

And, of course, The CW has its big time travel series coming Jan. 21 — the DC Comics title Legends of Tomorrow.

The journalistic rule is that “three makes a trend,” and Legends and Bong are just the two other examples that immediately leap to mind, there’s probably more too. Doctor Who, get ready for company!

Article source: http://www.ew.com/article/2016/01/11/time-travel

Reactions: Debi
Very cool. I remember "Quantum Leap". Anyone remember that one?
I remember that show and the funny predicaments that the main character found himself in his new time-travelled location.

i was hoping they would some day put that show on tv land i never got to see the final episode. I always had to work when it was on.

Time travel has affected a large amount of movies and television recently. The entire Star Trek universe was "reset" based on time travel. The same is of the movies of X Men, and we have seen this in the television show The Flash and even Arrow. Much of this was borrowed from the comic book world that can conveniently run numerous stories simultaneously through different "Earths" or kill off a character only to bring them back.
Sounds like we have another comic book fan amongst us.....;)

Reactions: Brian D. Parsons
I also remember TimeTunnel (1966 - 1967)

MV5BMTUwMjc4ODE3M15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMjc3MDU5NA@@._V1_SX640_SY720_.jpg

James Darren ... Dr. Tony Newman

Robert Colbert ... Dr. Doug Phillips

Whit Bissell ... Lt. Gen. Heywood Kirk

John Zaremba ... Dr. Raymond Swain

Lee Meriwether ... Dr. Ann MacGregor