Time Traveler 911 call

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score

A strange piece of footage circulating online purportedly features a 911 call regarding a home invasion which takes a rather fantastic turn that possibly involves a time traveler! Posted online by the YouTube channel Apex TV, the video features audio allegedly recorded by one of the emergency dispatchers who were privy to the call and felt compelled to share it with the world. As is often the case with time traveler videos, specific details surrounding the story are scant with the location of the call and the principal witnesses' identities redacted.

Nonetheless, the 11-minute-long conversation between the 911 dispatcher and a frightened woman who suspects that someone has broken into her house is pretty riveting. The beginning of the call largely plays out as one might expect such a scenario to unfold as the woman, named Cathy, explains that she heard glass break in her downstairs bathroom. Claiming to be in her locked bedroom upstairs, Cathy begins to second guess her concerns and, despite the pleas of the 911 dispatcher, decides to investigate the situation herself rather than wait for police to arrive.

Things seem to be settle down when Cathy enters the bathroom and sees that the mirror had fallen off of the wall while the window is fine. And then, suddenly, the situation gets strange as she begins hyperventilating. Cathy finally manages to compose herself enough to tell the dispatcher that there is a man with bloody ears seemingly passed out in her bathtub. The drama increases when she lets out a chilling, "wait, wait, John?" and begins reciting the Lord's Prayer.

Thoroughly confused by the call by now, the baffled dispatcher asks Cathy who John is and how she knows him. She then reveals that the man appears to be her husband, but that he looks like a much younger version of John from when they first met. And, adding one last bizarre twist to the call, he just so happened to have died in 2001!

The call concludes with police arriving on the scene, trying to figure out what they've stumbled upon, and the recording abruptly ends. According to the man who submitted the video, authorities eventually apprehended the man. And, the dispatcher claimed, the entire case was quickly taken over by FBI agents, leaving him in the dark about how things developed from there.

Skeptical viewers have dismissed the call as simply nothing more than a proverbial radio drama complete with subpar acting on the part of the participants. Others have theorized that the man in the bathtub really was John and, despite dying seventeen years ago, he had somehow traveled through time to arrive in his wife's home.

While that would a truly amazing story, we're a bit dubious about it, since the circumstances which would make that possible sound incredibly convoluted. That said, given the preponderance and popularity of 'time traveler' videos this year, don't be surprised if a proverbial sequel to this story appears at some point in the next few weeks or months that attempts to explain it all. What's your take on the weird video?

I can't vouch for anything involving the voice acting, but if it's time travel, wouldn't the future version of the guy know of it? I mean if I ended up visiting my husband as my younger self meeting his future self, I'd definitely inform him, "Oh hey BTW this will sound really weird but you may end up seeing my younger self bleeding in your bathtub at one point in time in the future".

Reactions: Debi
This sounds like a dramatization to me. Also if I hear a window break in my house I’m running out of the house not up stairs.

Reactions: Debi and NobleHouse
This is definitely a dramatization!! Too fake, and no real emotion also.
Thanks for the details about the vocal quality, I wasn't able to judge on that factor. For me the scenario just didn't make sense because of what I'd do if I time traveled.

I dont like to advertise this but.... I was in Law Enforcement for a number of years. Nothing about this call is accurate for how a real 911 call is handled. Scripted for sure!

This sounds like a dramatization to me. Also if I hear a window break in my house I’m running out of the house not up stairs.

yes!

Reactions: Lynne
I dont like to advertise this but.... I was in Law Enforcement for a number of years. Nothing about this call is accurate for how a real 911 call is handled. Scripted for sure!
Thanks Aces.

Reactions: Aces
I was a 911 operator then a police officer for several years. The actors on that supposed tape do not sound like they should. In a real situation like that, you would hear police radio transmissions in the background and the lady would not be so calm. The 911 operator wouldn't be talking so much to her either. He would obtain the initial necessary info then tell her to stay on the phone quietly until officers arrive. In the supposed tape, you hear a quick boop boop of an officer's siren when the police arrive. The purpose of the siren is to clear traffic. You don't hear any sirens then as they pull up, you hear the toot toot which is pointless at that point but it adds to the drama of the tape. If you respond to a burglary home invasion in progress, you wouldn't use your siren nearby anyway because you'd want to apprehend the intruder, not scare him off by announcing your prescence. Two final points....bleeding from the ears is a sign of a concussion and very serious as is having only a weak pulse. That guy wouldn't be brought to the sheriff's office, he'd be rushed to the nearest trauma center. Finally, the FBI supposedly responds within an hour. In the middle of the night. I was a cop in NJ near NYC. It would take about 2 or 3 hours to get a hold of the FBI office and have agents respond to a bank robbery and that would be a weekday during the day when the field offices were open in an area with many agents stationed in the NJ/NYC area, let alone some rural area that has only a couple of local police and uses a sheriff's department as back up. Getting an FBI response within an hour in the middle of the night isn't happening unless an alien spacecraft crashes. Plus the officers on scene would have treated this as a medical call with a possibly emotionally disturbed woman. The police wouldn't have even called the FBI because they wouldn't have believed her.

I was a 911 operator then a police officer for several years. The actors on that supposed tape do not sound like they should. In a real situation like that, you would hear police radio transmissions in the background and the lady would not be so calm. The 911 operator wouldn't be talking so much to her either. He would obtain the initial necessary info then tell her to stay on the phone quietly until officers arrive. In the supposed tape, you hear a quick boop boop of an officer's siren when the police arrive. The purpose of the siren is to clear traffic. You don't hear any sirens then as they pull up, you hear the toot toot which is pointless at that point but it adds to the drama of the tape. If you respond to a burglary home invasion in progress, you wouldn't use your siren nearby anyway because you'd want to apprehend the intruder, not scare him off by announcing your prescence. Two final points....bleeding from the ears is a sign of a concussion and very serious as is having only a weak pulse. That guy wouldn't be brought to the sheriff's office, he'd be rushed to the nearest trauma center. Finally, the FBI supposedly responds within an hour. In the middle of the night. I was a cop in NJ near NYC. It would take about 2 or 3 hours to get a hold of the FBI office and have agents respond to a bank robbery and that would be a weekday during the day when the field offices were open in an area with many agents stationed in the NJ/NYC area, let alone some rural area that has only a couple of local police and uses a sheriff's department as back up. Getting an FBI response within an hour in the middle of the night isn't happening unless an alien spacecraft crashes. Plus the officers on scene would have treated this as a medical call with a possibly emotionally disturbed woman. The police wouldn't have even called the FBI because they wouldn't have believed her.
Thanks for the insight. And welcome to the forum!

Reactions: 7Critter