Time to call Ghost Busters?

God's Joker

Reaction score
Hello all. I was never positive the paranormal world was real until I married a (very messed up) psychic. I had read most of the published Seth Material but I'd never been personally involved in any paranormal events that I was aware of at the time. My ex-wife changed that. She predicted the future for me several times, and it came true. She also beat me every hand or folded immediately playing cards until I started picturing cards in my mind that were not in my hand. So I know this stuff is real.

Last night I woke up and there was an invisible person floating above the foot of my bed. All I saw was a wavering distortion in the shape of a person sitting in a chair. The background was the one I normally see when it's very dark or my eyes are closed, a mottled swirling of black and dark gray blobs with dull little points of a lighter gray scattered through the blobs. At first I thought I was imagining it, but it didn't go away. It just stayed there. Then I saw fast streaks of gray moving in front of the invisible person. It felt threatening. I watched it for about 30 seconds before I decided it was trying to attack me, slashing at me like a lion or a wolf.

I became afraid and decided to turn on the light. Luckily, I have most of my lights automated (nerd) so I just had to reach over and pick up the remote on my dresser beside the bed. I turned on the light and, of course, there was nothing there. I felt like whatever it had been could not manifest itself in the light. I breathed shakily for a couple of minutes and laid back down to go to sleep.

I don't think it matters, but I'm not the expert, so I'll tell you there were 3 cats on the bed when this happened, one at each corner except for the upper right corner. There was also a small dog next to me in the bed. None of them seemed agitated or like they had seen anything in the dark like I did. I'm 62 years old and have never experienced anything like this before. I also don't drink, and rarely use marijuana, although I did smoke a small bowl of a cheap grade with someone last Saturday night 4 days ago. Prior to that, I had not smoked anything for a year. As expected, I didn't feel any effects between Sunday morning and last night so I am certain the marijuana was not the cause of this manifestation.

Please let me know what you think of this experience. I still feel like it was threatening me.

God's Joker

Hi Joker. I know that the event that you described would shake me up a bit. Has that ever happened before ? Welcome to the ParaNormal Forum. Thanks for sharing your experience.

Hello all. I was never positive the paranormal world was real until I married a (very messed up) psychic. I had read most of the published Seth Material but I'd never been personally involved in any paranormal events that I was aware of at the time. My ex-wife changed that. She predicted the future for me several times, and it came true. She also beat me every hand or folded immediately playing cards until I started picturing cards in my mind that were not in my hand. So I know this stuff is real.

Last night I woke up and there was an invisible person floating above the foot of my bed. All I saw was a wavering distortion in the shape of a person sitting in a chair. The background was the one I normally see when it's very dark or my eyes are closed, a mottled swirling of black and dark gray blobs with dull little points of a lighter gray scattered through the blobs. At first I thought I was imagining it, but it didn't go away. It just stayed there. Then I saw fast streaks of gray moving in front of the invisible person. It felt threatening. I watched it for about 30 seconds before I decided it was trying to attack me, slashing at me like a lion or a wolf.

I became afraid and decided to turn on the light. Luckily, I have most of my lights automated (nerd) so I just had to reach over and pick up the remote on my dresser beside the bed. I turned on the light and, of course, there was nothing there. I felt like whatever it had been could not manifest itself in the light. I breathed shakily for a couple of minutes and laid back down to go to sleep.

I don't think it matters, but I'm not the expert, so I'll tell you there were 3 cats on the bed when this happened, one at each corner except for the upper right corner. There was also a small dog next to me in the bed. None of them seemed agitated or like they had seen anything in the dark like I did. I'm 62 years old and have never experienced anything like this before. I also don't drink, and rarely use marijuana, although I did smoke a small bowl of a cheap grade with someone last Saturday night 4 days ago. Prior to that, I had not smoked anything for a year. As expected, I didn't feel any effects between Sunday morning and last night so I am certain the marijuana was not the cause of this manifestation.

Please let me know what you think of this experience. I still feel like it was threatening me.

God's Joker
HI Joker. Welcome. Have you read our recommendations for dealing with Paranormal Activity yet?

PNF Suggestions for Paranormal Activity Problems

I am going to move your experience into the Experience forum area so more people will view and respond. This live chat thread will bury it and I'd like you to get feedback from others.

Aside from the bizarre things that happened with my ex-wife (she had multiple personalities caused by childhood trauma and she channeled 3 dead people, a gay 14 year old male, a woman who was killed by her husband when caught having sex with the black chaufer, and a black woman who was a slave in the south) I've never before experienced anything I felt was evenly slightly paranormal. In fact, a friend of mine who claims to have some psychic abilities, said at one point that I disbelieved so strongly that it blocked his abilities when he was near me.

Now that I think of it, I will admit though that there have been times when I felt invigorated and was able to predict things like when a friend who had moved away came back after 3 years. Out of the blue I said "I think it's time for Ernie to show up" (drawing odd looks from my 2 companions) and five minutes later, there he was. I also had that feeling at work one day and I told my boss I could predict a coin toss 10 times in a row. Each time I predicted heads and was right. He, of course, just said I had a trick coin and walked off. Immediately after that, wondering if I had somehow gotten one in change, I tossed it several more times and the results were random, as you would normally expect. I also picked a slot machine for my mother once in Vegas and she won $50 on her first pull of the handle. Aside from trivial experiences like that, I have NEVER seen anything that appeared in any way to be related to the paranormal. I DO seem to draw weird events at times, though it has never been something that manifests itself visually like this....unless you count the time when I was 4 years old and some idiot put 4 bullets through a car I was taking a nap in. The bullets should have hit me, according to the entrance and exit bullet holes but I didn't get a scratch. I have a newspaper article that was posted the day after the incident. But again, this was just bullets, not specters of some sort. Weird stuff of THIS sort happens to me frequently. The Chinese curse of "May you live in interesting times". I should have died at least 7 times by now.

Reactions: ozentity
I believe we all have the ability to "tune in" to the energy that provides us with paranormal activity, Joker. Sometimes we just don't put a label on a specific event as paranormal and shrug it off as coincidence.

What you saw may be a one time thing. You also have to rule out anything that may have caused this besides a paranormal influence. Like a change of meds, new medical conditions, even sometimes it's down to new drapes that cast new shadows in a room. Look for anything that is new in your life to rule out a physical cause.

I haven't changed any meds, and nothing has been changed in my bedroom for months. Also, the curtains in my bedroom are blackout curtains so this is no possibility that this was caused by external light changes like cars passing by on the other side of my 7' tall block wall. This appeared between me and a blank wall. I can't imagine anything that could cause a rippling in the air as a silhouette around a black hole shaped like a man in a chair, or the odd pale 6" wide streaks swiping at me alternating side to side like claws flailing at me.

I'm also not prone to become afraid when odd things happen in my bedroom (or my life) when a scorpion ran across me one night as I was sleeping in bed and stung me 3 times, the only thing that happened is it pissed me off and I crushed it with my right hand. I'm one of those guys that runs toward trouble, not away from it. I ENJOY helping people and saving lives. I've saved 5 lives so far by running into danger while other people took out their phones to RECORD the action instead of helping.

But, stuff like this is way beyond my past experiences. How would you fight a ghost?

I haven't changed any meds, and nothing has been changed in my bedroom for months. Also, the curtains in my bedroom are blackout curtains so this is no possibility that this was caused by external light changes like cars passing by on the other side of my 7' tall block wall. This appeared between me and a blank wall. I can't imagine anything that could cause a rippling in the air as a silhouette around a black hole shaped like a man in a chair, or the odd pale 6" wide streaks swiping at me alternating side to side like claws flailing at me.

I'm also not prone to become afraid when odd things happen in my bedroom (or my life) when a scorpion ran across me one night as I was sleeping in bed and stung me 3 times, the only thing that happened is it pissed me off and I crushed it with my right hand. I'm one of those guys that runs toward trouble, not away from it. I ENJOY helping people and saving lives. I've saved 5 lives so far by running into danger while other people took out their phones to RECORD the action instead of helping.

But, stuff like this is way beyond my past experiences. How would you fight a ghost?
Actually, you can fight a ghost. First, you tell the darn thing it's your home and it has to go. Reclaim your space, tell it the rules. Second, use the St. Michael's Prayer for protection. Now, don't know if you are of any particular faith, but most religions and people of spirit do believe in Angelic energy, and this particular prayer seems to work very well. Third, a new approach is adding humidity to a room...it tends to dampen the amount of energy these things need to manifest.
Look closely at those ideas on the thread link. Try them.

Science now shows us these "energies", although currently not explained, actually do exist and can manifest into form.

I was never positive the paranormal world was real until I married a (very messed up) psychic
It seems people that have trauma in their lives attract entities,probably mostly negative,as have had a similar time with my ex.You have had some interesting things happen and you sound quite open.As Debi said, tell anything unwanted to leave in no uncertain terms,if your intent is there they usually leave .The weed may lower your guard down as to let things in more easily but in the end it's just a herb.Welcome to the forum Joker.

Welcome to the forum Joker. Thanks for sharing some personal background. You may be over thinking the event. Your wife may have nothing to do with it. The fact that the animals did not react makes me think it was possibly a dream state. You may have moved into some type of hypnotic state. Animals can see these things especially cats. Now I’m only guessing and not discounting that something was really there. If it was an entity and you continue to have issues then the forum suggestions will be a help. Something else to consider, have you brought anything new into your environment ? Sometimes items have attachments. Removing them gets rid of the problem.

Keep us updated on your issue.

Reactions: garnetsilver
An interesting sight! I would like to ask if you've had your vision checked lately, as I was seeing something very similar a few nights in a row. It was also accompanied by flashing lights. My eye doctor told me that I have had a change in my vision - the vitreous mass behind the eyeball had detached and was now causing all sorts of wild looking images to appear. Since we are close in age, you may very well have experienced something like this. I am also basing this on the fact that your pets did not react at all. Sometimes cats will only stare, if anything, but dogs definitely will react.
Of course that is not to say that a vision change is what is going on for sure, but it is something to at least rule out as we attempt to get to the bottom of this!