Time for a different path!

Status
Not open for further replies.

surge

Linux Inside!
Reaction score
https://topinfopost.com/2015/03/16/teacher-smoked-cannabis-and-sent-nude-to-student
I'm not sure what we need to do to weed the perverts out of the teaching pool, but we need to do something. Abolish coed education? Better screening for teachers? I know one thing that would help: long, mandatory jail time for offenders. Say twenty years. If potential molesters knew that they would face harsh penalties for acting on their thoughts, a lot fewer of them would ever actually have an inappropriate relationship with a student. Instead, female teachers who do this are generally patted on the head and told "good job, where were you when I was in school?". The men face harsher punishment, but not nearly harsh enough. :mad::mad:

I'm afraid this has been going on for a very long time and I don't know if there is truly a way to weed these perverts out before they start teaching. Waaaaay back when I was in high school, I was approached by a teacher like this. Luckily, it was towards the end of my sophomore year and I was able to drop his class for the upcoming year (he was the band director). Back then, as a student you just kept your mouth shut because no one would believe you over the teacher. At least these days the kids have a chance to come forward and be believed.

Reactions: surge
I guess I just went to a sheltered high school, because I never heard about anything like this back then at my school. But I know it happened, at least anecdotally, because people I know now in my age range claim to have slept with teachers back then.

Reactions: Debi
Oh, it happened for sure. Most girls just kept their mouths shut and tried to hide from unwanted advances. Someone must have eventually spoken up about the teacher I mention because a year or so after I was out of school, mom told me that he "suddenly" resigned and no one knew why. Well, I do!

Reactions: surge
Unfortunately in middle school i was aware of a few inappropriate relationships between two male students and a female teacher. Most of these teachers have kids of their own, how would they feel if the same thing was happening to their kid? Something someone should ask them.

Reactions: Debi and surge
Status
Not open for further replies.