Tic Tac UFO's all looked alike

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Reactions: Duke
Only thing new in that article is that NOTAMs were issued relative to the unknown aerial objects. That is huge, it's the USN telling pilots on the record there is a known, or at least potential, hazard in the airspace they are transiting/using. I saw lots of NOTAMs over my career, but nothing like this. I hope the FOIA requests get them released, I'd love to see them.

Even more interesting will be the FOIA requested documents regarding how the decision to file the NOTAMs was made at the command level. Somebody made a very difficult, potentially career affecting, decision to issue the NOTAMs. I doubt the decision was made/approved at any thing less than flag officer rank.

Last edited:
Only thing new in that article is that NOTAMs were issued relative to the unknown aerial objects. That is huge, it's the USN telling pilots on the record there is a known, or at least potential, hazard in the airspace they are transiting/using. I saw lots of NOTAMs over my career, but nothing like this. I hope the FOIA requests get them released, I'd love to see them.

Even more interesting will be the FOIA requested documents regarding how the decision to file the NOTAMs was made at the command level. Somebody made a very difficult, potentially career affecting, decision to issue the NOTAMs. I doubt the decision was made/approved at any thing less than flag officer rank.
Does this shift your thinking about this any, Duke?

Does this shift your thinking about this any, Duke?

Depends on what you mean by "this." No change relative to what I know about the farce that was ATTIP and all of Elizondo's chicanery. No change in that I said the tictacs were just another example of the 5-10% of UFOs that have historically gone unidentified/unexplained. No change in believing the USN/USG released this information, we have the DD Form 1910 Knapp provided that proves the DoD DID NOT release this to the public.

I am having second thoughts on the tictacs potentially being "ours" after reading that NOTAMs were issued, however. I wasn't convinced they were ours, but was willing to consider the possibility after reading how they appeared each time after a radar systems upgrade to ships in carrier battle groups. That hinted strongly at operational testing, but knowing NOTAMs were issued makes me doubt that possibility now. You don't call attention to a capability like these objects, if they were ours I can't believe they would be "outed" and identified as a hazard.

Reactions: Debi
I am having second thoughts on the tictacs potentially being "ours"
This^^^ And thank you. Next time I'll be clearer in the this and that portion of the question!

Docs Show Navy Got 'UFO' Patent Granted By Warning Of Similar Chinese Tech Advances

Excerpt:

he United States Secretary of Navy is listed as the assignee on several radical aviation technologies patented by an aerospace engineer working at the Naval Air Warfare Center Aircraft Division (NAWCAD) headquarters in Patuxent River, Maryland. One of these patents describes a "hybrid aerospace-underwater craft" claimed to be capable of truly extraordinary feats of speed and maneuverability in air, water, and outer space alike thanks to a revolutionary electromagnetic propulsion system.

Sound far fetched? You’re not alone.

A primary patent examiner at the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) thought so too. But then the Chief Technical Officer (CTO) of the Naval Aviation Enterprise personally wrote a letter addressed to the examiner claiming that the U.S. needs the patent as the Chinese are already “investing significantly” in these aerospace technologies that sound eerily similar to the UFOs reported by Navy pilots in now well-known encounters. This raises the question, are the Chinese developing or even already flying craft leveraging similar advanced technology and is the Navy now scrambling to catch up?