Tiahuanaco Monuments in Bolivia are made of geopolymer artificial stones created 1400 years ago.

This his very interesting. So basically if I understand right they are a form of cement ? Poured rock mixed with vegetation to form a type of cement. I wonder what was used to make the forms?

Reactions: Black Cloud
So, I wonder -- have these guys made some blocks using this method that are the same as those in the ancient structures? If not, why not?

Reactions: Black Cloud
So, I wonder -- have these guys made some blocks using this method that are the same as those in the ancient structures? If not, why not?
It’s been a while since I read the article but I think of it like poured cement. They used vegetation to harden the stone. It sounds very similar to brick making to me.

What I mean is, if this theory of how the stones are made is correct then they should be able to make their own stones that are the same as the ones in the ancient structures. But, it looks like they haven't done that so this is just another unproven theory.

"Polymer" is the wrong word and I'm surprised it's in the headline. The stone is really just an early version of what we make counter-tops from today, powdered stone held in a resin binder. While modern resins are polymers, the common plant materials used for the ancient stones act more like concrete than a polymer. Polymer is usually reserved for materials that are essentially one giant molecule.

This is a cool article but nothing really associated with the paranormal at all, and it really isn't earth-shattering news from an archeologist's standpoint either, unless you're the author lol.

Amazing ancient technology....combine sea bird guano and pounded sandstone! Just add water and it will last forever......:trophy: ;th

MK IV ∆=⚾

Remember that mud bricks have been made for millennia, baked in simple kilns. Early cement formulae have been around since before most languages. People read stories like this one and think "wow, they must have had help from aliens" when it was just good old human ingenuity that's responsible.

"Polymer" is the wrong word and I'm surprised it's in the headline. The stone is really just an early version of what we make counter-tops from today, powdered stone held in a resin binder. While modern resins are polymers, the common plant materials used for the ancient stones act more like concrete than a polymer. Polymer is usually reserved for materials that are essentially one giant molecule.

This is a cool article but nothing really associated with the paranormal at all, and it really isn't earth-shattering news from an archeologist's standpoint either, unless you're the author lol.
Well said GW