Through the eyes of a child

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
CHRISTMAS CAN TAKE US BACK TO CHILDHOOD.
WHAT DO YOU MISS FROM THAT TIME?
(Looking for happy thoughts!)

260804636_5460569347338419_2537220216640025356_n.jpg

Last edited:
Yes, the tree was the best. All those sparkling, colorful lights, the magic of tinsel, and believing that Santa was going to pay us a visit while we slept. And there is no smell quite like that of a Christmas tree; sharp, pungent and spicy. I'm not sure I miss anything about being a child; I felt at a disadvantage most of the time!

• Sad
Reactions: ozentity
I miss all my family from then, only mum left now and my kids and grandkids. I didn't know my father and his side of relatives and mum was an only child.

OK, here's a happy memory. We had been living in apartments until I reached 7 years old. That first Christmas in our new house was wonderful; We had a tall sparkly tree, my older brothers got shiny new bikes, and we had the pleasure of descending the staircase on Christmas morning and seeing a mountain of presents. That was one of the best holidays ever!

I miss the magic of believing in Santa and all the fun and wonder that brought. I was a late believer and got made fun of because I didn’t want to know the truth. We had simple gifts that were often what we needed with a game or a doll, but it was always a great time.