Thoughts on Past Lives?

WhitneyKristina

Reaction score
I've always had a strange curiosity with past lives. I feel like I need to give a little bit of background because I think that it may hold some answers but I am not sure. I am a psychic empath meaning I can feel and sense the feelings and emotions of both the living and the dead. I have had this ability since I was a child and was helped and taught by my aunt.
Now I have tried to explain and express all of this a hundred times before but for some reason when ever I have ever tried to talk about past lives and my feelings and experiences with past lives I just can't. I don't know how to explain it. In my head I know everything I want to say but when I actually go to talk about it, it all comes out jumbled and makes no sense at all. So this is my attempt at explaining it all because I would love to know y'all's opinions and thoughts on the topic because I feel like I am at a point where I am strong enough not just in myself but in my abilities to start doing serious work in connecting with my past lives. So if this all makes no sense I am sorry.
I have always been a history buff, I believe it is a part of my nature and that my soul is connected to the past. Whether or not it has to do with my psychic empathy or past lives I am not sure. But when I was younger and even now as an adult there are times that I know things about the past that I had no way of knowing. I have spoken about that with people in the past and they always brush it off as I read about it and had forgotten, and just remembered in the moment. I never felt like that explanation ever really fit. Because in my mind when I remember something because I read about it, whether I forgot about it and just remembered or not, the memory of reading about it feels completely different. I don't know how to explain the way that these memories feel, but they feel like they are my memories but not mine. I know that sounds weird but the feeling of those memories feel completely different than the memories I have of lets say going to my little cousins soccer game this morning. They are memories I have classified them as being that but they don't feel like they are my memories. But they do feel like they are mine. And these memories are only about certain time periods, in certain places. The way that I feel about those time periods are very specific to each time period. But they all feel familiar and I always have this uncontrollable feeling of yearning when I think about them or I see photos or videos of them. I have even had times where I get overly emotional, happy, sad, and even angry at times. For reasons I don't know.
Talking to friends who are mediums they always say I just have an old soul. I agree with that whole heartedly. I can sense in myself an old soul but I am not sure if that is the explanation for what I have experienced for most of my life.
Another possible explanation that I have had is that it's possible I could be channeling. I have only ever had a couple of experiences in channeling and from what I remember of those times, I can feel the difference between myself and the other spirit. With this it feels like myself but not myself.
If you have any experience with past lives or things of this nature I would love to hear your experiences and your advice before I delve into exploring these experiences deeper.
Also if you have any theories on what this all could be I am open to hearing them.
I am also open to sharing more about specific experiences I have had in the past I just didn't want to make this post too long.
Also I was not sure what category this post fit into and I felt it belonged with spirituality I just wasn't sure so if I have it in the wrong spot I am sorry.

Your post is perfectly placed. :) Not to worry. Well, being one much like you in gifts, I totally understand what you are saying. It's a "knowing". It's not something you read, or heard about, etc. ad nauseum, it's a deep "knowing" of an experience and knowledge of a place or event or even a personality. Been there, done that.

Now, what is it? I can't tell you it's your past lives. Or someone else's past. I wish I could for sure, and at one time in my life when I thought I knew it all I might have said yes, it's your past lives. However, I've learned a lot over the years and I no longer jump directly to that conclusion. Understand I don't take it out of the possibilities at all! It might be! But, I have also heard some quantum theories on time lately, and also how this old universe of ours just might have some other tricks up it's entanglement sleeve

This is a great topic, and I will hold off an further thoughts to let others weigh in a bit. Will be interested in what people offer up on the topic.

Your post is perfectly placed. :) Not to worry. Well, being one much like you in gifts, I totally understand what you are saying. It's a "knowing". It's not something you read, or heard about, etc. ad nauseum, it's a deep "knowing" of an experience and knowledge of a place or event or even a personality. Been there, done that.

Now, what is it? I can't tell you it's your past lives. Or someone else's past. I wish I could for sure, and at one time in my life when I thought I knew it all I might have said yes, it's your past lives. However, I've learned a lot over the years and I no longer jump directly to that conclusion. Understand I don't take it out of the possibilities at all! It might be! But, I have also heard some quantum theories on time lately, and also how this old universe of ours just might have some other tricks up it's entanglement sleeve

This is a great topic, and I will hold off an further thoughts to let others weigh in a bit. Will be interested in what people offer up on the topic.
It is such a relief to hear that someone understands what I am trying to say. For years I have been trying to explain the way that it feels and trying to explain that it has a different feeling than that of my abilities with the spirit world. Although I have a feeling that it is interconnected with my psychic empathy. That maybe it gives me a heightened sensitivity to whatever this actually is I don't know. It has always been so hard for me to get across the, as you so correctly put it, deep knowing. And as someone who thinks they have a knack for words it is very frustrating. Which in the past has stopped me from talking about all of this.
I too am very interested to see what others interpretation of this is because I don't think that this black and white. Past life or not past life. I have come to learn that when it comes to the paranormal and supernatural it is much more grey areas and less black and white.

I myself struggle with the concept of reincarnation. I keep an open mind to it tho. There is also another way to look at multiple lives if we do have them. Perhaps all time is happening at the same time. We could have consciousness in more than one life but it is all happening now. Sometimes we connect with our higher soul and feel our other consciousness’s. Another idea might be that at times we just pick up on the psysic signature of other souls alive or in the past.

It’s fun to speculate on what is really going on here but in the end what matters is how you use it. If you gain insight into situations that help you navagate life, that’s what’s important.

I myself struggle with the concept of reincarnation. I keep an open mind to it tho. There is also another way to look at multiple lives if we do have them. Perhaps all time is happening at the same time. We could have consciousness in more than one life but it is all happening now. Sometimes we connect with our higher soul and feel our other consciousness’s. Another idea might be that at times we just pick up on the psysic signature of other souls alive or in the past.

It’s fun to speculate on what is really going on here but in the end what matters is how you use it. If you gain insight into situations that help you navagate life, that’s what’s important.
I agree some what, I do often wonder if it is a signature of a spirit that I am picking up on, but there are times where it just doesn't feel like the right explanation. I honestly am not sure if I am ever going to figure out what it is, and I have had numerous discussions about reincarnation and past lives with friends and others, and there has always been one theory that has stuck with me and I think about often. I warn you it is a little out there and kind of crazy, but I ask you to jump down the rabbit hole with me. And it's that when sensitives such as myself are brought into the world our souls are not singular, and that is where our power lies. That the souls that are with us when we are born are parts of an original soul. And that is why when I see photos and such of certain time periods I feel that yearning and why I seem to have unknowable knowledge about them as well. It's those parts of the soul that have lived at those times. I just have a hard time grasping it as an explanation sometimes just because it does seem a little out there. But I also believe the theory that soulmates are in fact two parts of one soul that were split in two by the Universe. So with that belief this theory doesn't feel like that far of a stretch. My take on this is that I am my own soul but my soul is also apart of others that have existed at other times for reasons I have yet to discover. That the other souls are almost other versions of myself. And trust me I know it sounds crazy. And it's kind of the reason I have been wanting to explore all of this on a deeper level. I have just been nervous to do so because it is very unknown territory for myself and I am not sure how I'd go about it, or even what I will find if I do go deeper into this. It's definitely uncharted territory to me.

I'm not really into past lives but some of the things my kids,my stepdaughter in particular came out with when little makes me wonder.They could be channelling as mentioned,something I've never thought of.

Reactions: WhitneyKristina
How very interesting, many people do experience very similar things, I recently worked with a woman who described almost the same in terms of the memories and unexplainable emotional responses. The lady also wondered if she was open to spirit and in her words had become some what paranoid that she didn't know why it was happening. Well done for finding the courage to speak about this, as it obviously is something you have previously found difficult to do. This I find very interesting and once again I can draw a similarity to the recent work I did. The lady had, friends, work colleagues and even family members try suggesting what it could be in and attempt to offer support, however a certain occurrence of words from a number of them has a dramatic effect, The words "Past Life" when uttered in front of her, caused her face to turn almost white, her body was shaking, This lasted for a few minutes, then gone. I can confirm the woman was not of a nervous or anxious disposition, had no know illness or ailments at the time. In this case it was what I in my work call the "Multi Sourced". She did have a spirit in her home that was a negative one, once that was cleared her whole home regained a proper 'Homely' and 'Welcoming feel". She did tell me an ex-boyfriend who moved into her property dabbled in the occult. Dabbled been the operative word, a case of "all the gear and no idea" me thinks. Although things had generally improved, especially at home, the woman still had an aversion to the words past life. She came round to the idea of giving past life regression a go. I appreciate this from the info you provided, would perhaps be a far too difficult step. The past life regression revealed that in a previous life she was a Roman Catholic Cardinal (Reference to Religion is statement of fact and not intended to upset or offend as I totally have respect for other individuals personal religious beliefs). During the past life regression quotes were made to demonic deception and After Judgement. The though of past lives does fascinate me, but at the same time I do openly admit that there are like many of these things "grey areas". Having said that during regression the woman, quoted places, years, people religious statements, that I was not previously aware of, but checking the names and places and religious statements/quotes. It did seem very plausible.

I wish you well, one last point, to perhaps try and eliminate the channeling, you said you have had experiences of channeling in the past, the different feel could perhaps be a different or new guide starting to want to work with you.

What you seem to be describing sounds like past life memories, so could could you explain the difference between reincarnation and what you believe your expierencing?

It has been suggested that the soul, on its journey towards manifestation in this physical plane, passes through different levels of consciousness.
The level the soul reaches before this physical plane is the spirit world, where it dwells and experiences life before continuing on its journey towards the physical plane.

Now it so happens, that the innocent souls on their journey towards manifestation, meet with other souls that are on their return journey from the physical plane.
As the innocent souls come into contact with the returning souls, it's only natural that they would be attracted to all the experience an older soul would radiate.
An innocent soul will take on and absorb many experiences and memories from other souls it meets before arriving here.

If this is indeed how things are and how it is, it's easy to see how the idea of reincarnation arose.
While all along, being born with a knowledge of historical events, simply means we picked it up in the spirit world before we came here.

I personally like this way of viewing it, I have no way of proving any of it; of course not ; as Metaphysics can be discussed but never taught or proven, xx

Last edited:
What you seem to be describing sounds like past life memories, so could could you explain the difference between reincarnation and what you believe your expierencing?
The way that I see it reincarnation is more of a rebirth of ones spirit, like almost a start over for that soul. So with that being said I also believe that with reincarnation the decisions, or karma, from that life effect the new life that soul is reborn into. I.E.- if that soul was corrupt or just bad and had bad karma when they are reborn their bad karma follows them. Like wise with the opposite. And without any recollection of that previous life. So that person would have the bad or good karma but wouldn't know why. And with reincarnation I don't believe that the previous soul or souls really have a connection to past memories.
And with past lives I feel like it is one soul, but that one soul isn't necessarily reborn each life but is traveling through lifetimes with a particular mission or goal. And each new life becomes more and more conscience of the previous lives and what that driving goal is.
Which is why I feel like what I am experiencing is closer to being past lives than reincarnation, because I don't feel like it's my soul being reborn, as much as it is my soul living different lives. If that makes any sense. I'm not sure how to phrase it that makes sense. Which is part of the reason I have such a hard time talking about this subject. I am honestly not sure if what I am experiencing is past lives or reincarnation, or if it is something completely different. Especially because I have met many people who have different beliefs and theories on what past lives and reincarnation are.
So for example when I look at a photos of France in the 1930's to 50's I can feel the memories of being there. I can remember the sounds and the smells. I can feel emotions and feelings that feel like they are mine but I have never felt them before. And even growing up I could understand french and I knew words in french, which is impossible. I am Italian, my mother is Italian, and my father is Irish. No one in my family is French, so any knowledge I had of French or France in general makes zero sense. I have the same feelings about London in 1880 to 1910. Even Los Angeles in 1950 to 1970. Unlike France and London I have been able to go to LA many times, my mother and her siblings grew up there, and the feeling and memories are borderline unbearable when I visit LA. I have never had the chance to go to France or London but I can assume that the feeling would be similar. It's a feeling that I don't think I could ever explain. I get these flashes of memories and emotions. It's my memories and emotions and I can feel that it's mine but in some way it doesn't feel like it is because I can't remember everything.
I have also found it really strange that it's specific time frames that I feel this way to. I have tested it out with friends and had them show me different photos without telling me the years and I get these feelings only when the photos are of these certain years. And with photos of the same place but taken at different years I won't feel that same feeling, I will feel a familiarity to it but they feelings and memories aren't there the way that they are when it's from those years. It's really weird. And hard to explain.

Reactions: Lynne and 7Critter