Thoughts on connection with fire and recent events

Herbal Jaguar

Reaction score
So I've told a lot of you guys I've been extremely busy since my mom divorced my step dad. Taking care of the family projects around the house etc.

Anyways so we haven't had a abundance of paranormal society. But one day my stepdad came over and I had to go to the bathroom. He had just walked into the house and on the bathroom door on the otherside I heard nails scratching the wood door. It wasn't animal scratching it was coming from the middle of the door about 5 feet more or up. Which is more evidence it wasn't a dog. I answered and I said "who is it" and then silence. I walked out and asked my wife did anyone or any doggy come by the bathroom, she said no. So there was for sure someone with human nails scratching the door. Kinda gently? It wasnt loud and violent but was loud enough for me to hear it clearly and echo in the bathroom.

I thought it was very strange that it occurred immediately when he entered the home.

About 3 days ago we heard a door creaking shut. The stereotypical slow door squeel you hear in movies. Errrrrrrrr. At least it might have been? Then a door shutting. Everyone in the house was in the living room so I got up disconcerted that someone may be breaking in, or already in. I just got a huge rush of adrenaline when it happened for some reason? I got up and there was no one around. We distinctly heard it coming from the back of the house (same place the bathroom I was in earlier). It was late at night so we went to bed. When I woke up the next day I was still thinking about that event. I tried to open and close every door in the back and NONE of them make that squeeling door closing sound. So that's super strange right?

The only other thing about that event was when I heard the door squeaking sound I wondered was that really a door? It kind of sounded like a distorted female scream but also similar to a door squeak. The door didn't slam in fact it seemed to have been closed slowly because I heard the wood of the door hit the frame and then it took a second longer for the metal door male piece to fit into the female piece (ie fully shutting).

As well, we had a big cold front and I have been enjoying a fire in the fireplace. It seems that the fire either attracted or fueled paranormal activity or both. It seemed that while the fire was burning there was a significant increase in activity. Not necessarily negative just paranormal activity (my favorite kind). I could see how a fire could attract the spirits of those who passed in or before the early 19th century.

Have you guys ever experienced a link between fire and the paranormal? Obviously they use flame in scrying and other rituals.

That's a really interesting observation. I always like to have a fire in the fireplace most nights of the week in the winter. I've never noticed anything strange. But that's also sort of a hobby for me. And I also think psychologically it adds life to the house.

Reactions: Herbal Jaguar
So I've told a lot of you guys I've been extremely busy since my mom divorced my step dad. Taking care of the family projects around the house etc.

Anyways so we haven't had a abundance of paranormal society. But one day my stepdad came over and I had to go to the bathroom. He had just walked into the house and on the bathroom door on the otherside I heard nails scratching the wood door. It wasn't animal scratching it was coming from the middle of the door about 5 feet more or up. Which is more evidence it wasn't a dog. I answered and I said "who is it" and then silence. I walked out and asked my wife did anyone or any doggy come by the bathroom, she said no. So there was for sure someone with human nails scratching the door. Kinda gently? It wasnt loud and violent but was loud enough for me to hear it clearly and echo in the bathroom.

I thought it was very strange that it occurred immediately when he entered the home.

About 3 days ago we heard a door creaking shut. The stereotypical slow door squeel you hear in movies. Errrrrrrrr. At least it might have been? Then a door shutting. Everyone in the house was in the living room so I got up disconcerted that someone may be breaking in, or already in. I just got a huge rush of adrenaline when it happened for some reason? I got up and there was no one around. We distinctly heard it coming from the back of the house (same place the bathroom I was in earlier). It was late at night so we went to bed. When I woke up the next day I was still thinking about that event. I tried to open and close every door in the back and NONE of them make that squeeling door closing sound. So that's super strange right?

The only other thing about that event was when I heard the door squeaking sound I wondered was that really a door? It kind of sounded like a distorted female scream but also similar to a door squeak. The door didn't slam in fact it seemed to have been closed slowly because I heard the wood of the door hit the frame and then it took a second longer for the metal door male piece to fit into the female piece (ie fully shutting).

As well, we had a big cold front and I have been enjoying a fire in the fireplace. It seems that the fire either attracted or fueled paranormal activity or both. It seemed that while the fire was burning there was a significant increase in activity. Not necessarily negative just paranormal activity (my favorite kind). I could see how a fire could attract the spirits of those who passed in or before the early 19th century.

Have you guys ever experienced a link between fire and the paranormal? Obviously they use flame in scrying and other rituals.
Could it have been air escaping from a burning log ? Just a thought.

I must admit I thought you were going to say you thought your dad brought something in with him when he visited. From his past behavior I thought maybe he had an attachment.

Could it have been air escaping from a burning log ? Just a thought.

I must admit I thought you were going to say you thought your dad brought something in with him when he visited. From his past behavior I thought maybe he had an attachment.
I do think that is what happened or that regardless his interaction (presence) caused that interaction. And no possible way it was the fire, the fire was the opposite direction of the noise.

Thanks for the replies y'all!

Reactions: Lynne