Thought Provoking Article

Are there any legitimate, accredited universities that offer degrees in parapsychology? If so, are they science degrees, as in bachelor/masters/doctorate of science degree? I'm not talking about the on-line/distance learning diploma mills, btw.

Are there any legitimate, accredited universities that offer degrees in parapsychology? If so, are they science degrees, as in bachelor/masters/doctorate of science degree? I'm not talking about the on-line/distance learning diploma mills, btw.
At this time, to my knowledge, no. You can get certified in some courses which fall under the domain of psychology in the US. The reason there is no degree is that we don't know enough about it to qualify it as a science...yet.

The UK has different courses for certification and training and is more proactive in having investigators get some proper training. titch2k6 may be able to explain those.

At this time, to my knowledge, no. You can get certified in some courses which fall under the domain of psychology in the US. The reason there is no degree is that we don't know enough about it to qualify it as a science...yet.

The UK has different courses for certification and training and is more proactive in having investigators get some proper training. titch2k6 may be able to explain those.
No need, I was asking only about university degrees, and only within the context of the article Garnet posted. It includes parapsychology in a list of science fields of study ("biology, physics, psychology, parapsychology, zoology and botany.") I know degrees are offered in all the others, wasn't sure if there were parapsychology degrees.

Parapsychology - University of Edinburgh

The University of Edinburgh’s Koestler Parapsychology Unit conducts research in many different areas of parapsychology including the historical context, out-of-body experiences, experiences of hauntings, dreaming, psychic ability and many other things.

Students are able to study courses in many of these topics across all study levels.

The University of Edinburgh’s Koestler Parapsychology Unit conducts research in many different areas of parapsychology including the historical context, out-of-body experiences, experiences of hauntings, dreaming, psychic ability and many other things.

Students are able to study courses in many of these topics across all study levels.

Very cool, thanks Titch. Looks like what Debi alluded to, in this case a single parapsychology course/research opportunity within the domain of a psychology degree from the university's School of Philosophy, Psychology and Language Sciences. The same course is offered to postgraduate students. Actually sounds like an interesting course. I wonder if they would accept my psychology minor from forty years ago to take the course via distance learning? Hopefully OAPs can go to school tuition-free in the UK.;)

Both Duke University and Stanford at one time had parapsychology researchers, but I don't think either offered degrees.

I wish that I could study there!

Reactions: ozentity