Thought forms/Tulpas

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Thought-Forms: When the Imagination Creates Life | Mysterious Universe

The website Tulpa.info states: “A tulpa is an entity created in the mind, acting independently of, and parallel to your own consciousness. They are able to think, and have their own free will, emotions, and memories. In short, a tulpa is like a sentient person living in your head, separate from you. It’s currently unproven whether or not tulpas are truly sentient, but in this community, we treat them as such. It takes time for a tulpa to develop a convincing and complex personality; as they grow older, your attention and their life experiences will shape them into a person with their own hopes, dreams and beliefs.” Let’s now take a look at one of the most astounding cases that revolves around the creation of a culture. It’s a very weird story that takes us back to the early part of the 1970s. It all revolves around what has since become known as “The Philip Experiment.”

Full story at site

I stumbled upon that article over the weekend.

I think a Tulpa can be any type of manifestation, not necessarily anthropomorphic. In my view, a Tulpa comes alive the moment people start to act as though it is real, no matter what its actually form. I also think it is a dangerous practice. Other examples I can think of include:
  • H.P. Lovecraft's Necronomicon
  • U.S. politics (use your imagination here)
Daily Grail has a series of books called Dark Lore. There is a sample article on the web site about the Slender Man that - besides making a compelling case that it is all an invention of the Internet - discusses the Slender Man as having the nature of a Tulpa.

I think a Tulpa can be any type of manifestation, not necessarily anthropomorphic. In my view, a Tulpa comes alive the moment people start to act as though it is real, no matter what its actually form. I also think it is a dangerous practice. Other examples I can think of include:
Daily Grail has a series of books called Dark Lore. There is a sample article on the web site about the Slender Man that - besides making a compelling case that it is all an invention of the Internet - discusses the Slender Man as having the nature of a Tulpa.
Give this a read. Clyde Lewis has been talking about this topic for years. He gives several different views on it.

Slenderman: Proof of a Modern Tulpa | Ground Zero with Clyde Lewis

I remember reading about "The Philip Experiment" in a book called The Ghost That Haunted Itself about the Mackenzie Poltergeist in Greyfriar's Cemetery in Edinburgh. The book is about the author's creation of the only ghost tour in the city that featured a visit to the cemetery and, more specifically, the tomb where Mackenzie is buried. He offered The Philip Experiment as a means to explain what visitors experienced in the tomb.

I used to be able to bring "things"in but have never been educated on this.I could create different beings,one time a huge bat in the house another time a ball of energy that went right through my guests.It was sort of a paranormal party trick to me but I felt I was pushing my luck on each occasion.Till this day I don't know how I did this,just by concentrating, but never knew what would turn up , I felt it was touching on something dangerous so I don't try it anymore.Just to add I had witnesses (mostly skeptics)to this and made them think again about the paranormal.

Last edited:

Good to see you bring up the necronomicon. Yes it's a work of fiction but if you walk into it convinced you'll see results, well...... God help you...... the mind is a dangerous thing.

Good to see you bring up the necronomicon. Yes it's a work of fiction but if you walk into it convinced you'll see results, well...... God help you...... the mind is a dangerous thing.
All from the mind of H.P. Lovecraft. Yet, many people started to treat the Necronomicon as having some basis in reality, even in Lovecraft's own lifetime.

To me, the entire section on Hoaxes and Alleged Translations mirrors, in all but the specific details, the dynamics of how the Slender Man myth was created, but long before the Internet.

I don’t know what to think of these yet. I can see how excess energy can collect in an area but I can’t make the leap to consciousness.

I don’t know what to think of these yet. I can see how excess energy can collect in an area but I can’t make the leap to consciousness.
Dont think too hard ;)

Reactions: Lynne
I've been in the Mackenzie tomb in Greyfriar's Cemetery in Edinburgh.
It's within a locked compound within the cemetary itself. The Council used to look after it but is now organised by the Mercat tours group who have offices in the building at the entrance to the cemetary.

Additional facts for you:
These buildings at the entrance to the Scottish cemeteries we constructed for the families of the recently deceased to stay in to watch over their loved ones for a few weeks - to prevent the ressurectionists from digging them back up again! Such was the need for teaching material in the new colleges of Anatomy that there were not enough fresh bodies to disect that it was common for young doctors to find their own material.

I know of one case in Aberdeen where a dog dug up an arm in the garden of one doctor and after further investigation more limbs were uncovered - he was run out of town by a mob which later burned his house down!
Also, in another church notebook a Vicar brought a case against the Collage that they should return a body stolen from church grounds - and pay for the carriage to return it and repairs - He won!

Very strange in these parts in 1820.