Those movies that need...

There's a bunch of Star Wars movies that should never have been made.
I thought Return of the Jedi was a bit disappointing even as a kid, The Phantom Menace... should've been made a bit differently, I love Attack of the Clones and have to rewatch the last Star Wars film ever made again.
I'd really like to see the episodes 7-9 George Lucas wanted. I waited over thirty years only for Disney to buy it, dump the plot and throw together some other stuff! That's not Star Wars episodes 7-9, that's something else wearing it's hat! Who cares if it sucked? I just wanted to SEE it! Honestly, I don't care if some people would've hated it; I hate not having it. Damn you, villainous mouse and your dark side financial and PR concerns!

Edited to add: Attack of the Clones had Obi-Wan in a noir private detective plot. That's something I didn't know I needed until it happened. Why can't all sequels have things like that?

Last edited:
"The Exorcist" and "Jaws" both had a series of terrible sequels.

The original "Planet of the Apes" film of 1968 had a string of sequels, each one sillier than the one before.
Jaws: the Revenge did give us this great quote from Michael Cane:
"I have never seen the film, but by all accounts it was terrible. However, I have seen the house that it built, and it is terrific."
so that makes it worthwhile to me. And him.

...and a buddy of mine Teddy. His wedding was Celtic. Kilts..horses...swords...i didn't know him well when wedding occurred...but sounded like a total awesome time.
The baptism was partly Scottish. It didn't have horses but was in a huge medieval cathedral, so I feel both were nearly there.

Reactions: ozentity
The last 9 star wars movies could have stayed in George Lucas' head or on his story board. The only reason episodes 4-6 worked is because he had a master story teller helping him.

Jaws 2- however many they made; Funny Lady (sequel to Funny Girl) was a wasted 2 1/2 hours;

And those stupid "alternate timeline" versions of Star Trek with Chris Pine were a waste as well.

Reactions: ozentity
Every Star Trek movie and spin-off, after the original series. I found none of it to have much value other than as a way to kill time.
I did like the one with the god that Kirk refused to let "cure him". That one was fun, and the one with the Whales.

John Carter of Mars, it was such a good movie and didn't do well at the box office. I would love to see a series of movies from the Edgar Rice Burrows books.

Reactions: ozentity and JahaRa
Benway, I feel that the Skywalker storyline should have concluded at ROTJ and shouldn't have gone any further. Their stories had been told in their entirety and that should have been that. If Disney wanted, they could have tried to create new characters the fans could warm up to. Love Disney or hate them, they've at least learned and ordered reshoots for the final Indiana Jones film coming out next year probably due to less than favorable Star Wars reviews, but I've heard that they still want to do more films. Time will tell if they're watchable or not.