Those dreaded resolutions!

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
WILL YOU BE MAKING A NEW YEAR'S RESOLUTION THIS YEAR? (I PREFER TO CALL THEM LITTLE LIFE CHANGES...LOL)

HAVE YOU ACTUALLY EVER KEPT ONE?

WHAT'S ON YOUR LIST THIS YEAR?

images

I have never really been big on the whole New Year Resolution thing. To me, everyday is a chance to better myself, there is is little reason to wait wait for a specific day to start. I think the symbolism of New Year=Fresh Start is why such resolutions tend to fail, the motivation is linked to a season rather than a purpose.

Stevedog right on! If something is a good idea you may as well start doing it now.:)
I spent my 20s trying to make sure I was in good shape in my thirties. And what I did during my 30s paid dividends during my forties. I'm sure what I did in my forties will help in my fifties.
But I'm turning 52 next month and I'm finding out I have to redouble my efforts. The body and the mind are not as responsive or elastic as they used to be.:(

WILL YOU BE MAKING A NEW YEAR'S RESOLUTION THIS YEAR? (I PREFER TO CALL THEM LITTLE LIFE CHANGES...LOL)

HAVE YOU ACTUALLY EVER KEPT ONE?

WHAT'S ON YOUR LIST THIS YEAR?

images
I don't do resolutions, but I typically have some goals for myself. Last year I wanted to start getting to work "on time." It worked, but ultimately it turned out that nobody cared, so I stopped.

This year it's a continuation of the end-of-year professional learning. Gotta make sure I don't stagnate.

Nope I don’t bother with the New Years resolutions. I am self motivating when I want to do something. I don’t need a date. It always seemed silly to me.
Like Lynne said, it seems silly to wait until a specific day to make resolutions. So today my resolution is, that as soon as I eat that last piece of spice cake I will swear off gluten and white sugar for awhile!

Like Lynne said, it seems silly to wait until a specific day to make resolutions. So today my resolution is, that as soon as I eat that last piece of spice cake I will swear off gluten and white sugar for awhile!
Define "awhile".....:p

Reactions: garnetsilver