Open Lines This is what Facebook knows about me

Charleh

Please insert coffee
Reaction score
In light of Facebook’s CEO Mark Zuckerberg testifying before the US Senate, I decided to take advantage of my ability to download the detailed information they have of me, before I deleted my Facebook account next week. Once I got to the ads portion, I was appalled.

Here are my findings. Watch and be very afraid.

Keep in mind that Facebook owns Instagram, which has roughly the same policies in place.

Anyone wanna make an exodus to MySpace? :p

30688459_1988999764686459_7961663292722642944_n.jpg

Once you delete, however, Facebook still has what’s called a “shadow profile” of you, which you can not get a file for.

Good video! Some of the details are puzzling. Facebook does have software embedded in many sites that record information and report it back. Perhaps that could account for the oddities? I use browser add-ons set to block all trackers to try to prevent that. Some sites you have to allow Google or it crashes the site, but others can be stopped. I hope.

Reactions: Charleh
Good video! Some of the details are puzzling. Facebook does have software embedded in many sites that record information and report it back. Perhaps that could account for the oddities? I use browser add-ons set to block all trackers to try to prevent that. Some sites you have to allow Google or it crashes the site, but others can be stopped. I hope.
The issue with some advertisers is some of them have absolutely nothing to do with me. Like some of the artists that have my information, are celebrities I’ve never met, friended, listened to or even been to their websites.

Another advertiser who shares info about me to Facebook is a VPN service I’ve used. You know, those services to hide my ip address and my identity?

And the US Bank. I don’t know how the hell they got my information and I don’t want to know :eek:

Reactions: Benway