This is the way the world ends.....

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Did they not read "The Stand"????

US Government lifts four-year ban to allow 'dangerous' bird flu experiments | Daily Mail Online

US government approves experiment to create a type of bird flu that could 'could kill millions of people'
  • The National Institutes of Health will allow the viral engineering despite fears
  • One expert said if the viruses break out of labs they could kill millions of people
  • Professor Steven Salzberg, from Johns Hopkins University, called it 'dangerous'
The US Government has been scorned for lifting its ban on experiments to engineer deadly bird flu which could infect humans.

Research into the viruses will soon be allowed to carry on, despite experts warning people could die if the pathogens break out of laboratories.

Scientists say they want to study the virus 'to protect human health' so they can learn more about it and be better prepared for a pandemic.

But Professor Steven Salzberg, a biomedical engineering expert at Johns Hopkins University in Maryland, said he cannot fathom why the US National Institutes of Health, which has permitted the 'dangerous' research, is allowing it to happen.

Engineering the flu to be more virulent is a terrible idea... This research has the potential to cause millions of deaths.'

Professor Salzberg claimed two scientists have spent years trying to mutate the avian flu to spread between humans.

But the National Institutes of Health (NIH), the US Government's medical research agency, put the research on hold in 2014 because of safety concerns.

I still say the flu strain I had in 2018 was a lab excapee. I said that last year, I say it again. I am still being monitored for the new respiratory syndrome they found after that one hit and wiped out 80,000 Americans. For those who have read The Stand, I was calling it Captain Trips.

Reactions: Mokey
There is some bad flu's over here,my friend got sick last year from one and almost died,no explanation from the doctors treating her.

Anyone want to come over for a free range chicken dinner:skull:

I must add,she didn't come over for chicken dinner.

There is some bad flu's over here,my friend got sick last year from one and almost died,no explanation from the doctors treating her.
That's what happened to me. Later went into respiratory arrest from it. Still have lung scarring from it.

She was working in aged care so pretty open to anything around.A lot of African immigrants coming over here,a lot of flu's we can't cope with.

Reactions: Debi
I'm not being racist but if I wanted to import a dog from Africa it would be in Quarrantine at least six months,people just waltz over on a flight.

I'm not being racist but if I wanted to import a dog from Africa it would be in Quarrantine at least six months,people just waltz over on a flight.
Understood. It's honestly like the Spanish landing and the natives getting wiped out. In medical terms, if we don't have the immunity built up for it, anything can wipe us out.

Reactions: ozentity
Also happened to the Tasmanian aboriginals when white people arrived.

Reactions: Debi