Think I know what the mist is

Nothing wrong with you at all. That's called astral projection or OBE's....out of body experiences. Sometimes it's simply Lucid Dreaming. The difference is in astral projection, the soul actually leaves the body and can go other places. Lucid Dreaming is a state in which we are in charge of our dreams and often times messages are received during this state. There are several good articles here on site about both events.

There are many people who can do both and a LOT of people who actually work hard at learning how to do this.
I'll definitely read up on this then. You've all really put my mind at rest. Thank you for your help. If you ever need anything, just give me a shout.

Reactions: Debi
I think Lieutenant Charlton is gone. I thought to myself what would I want if I was in his shoes. The answer was acknowledgement. Not to be forgotten. After all, no grave, no family of his own, a young man in the Navy gone too soon.
So I wrote his name on a piece of paper & left it in the bedroom. I spoke in the room for a bit to him (I assume he was there but I wasn't sure). I then went to do the dishes & in my peripheral vision saw a shape of a man, dark green coloured, sprinting to the back door - which really spooked me because it was so vivid. A bit later I heard footsteps in the hallway heading to the bedroom, which I suppose is his way of saying "I'm here". So before I went to settle down for the evening I came into the bedroom & said "goodnight Mr. Charlton". An hour later I came out of the lounge to make a cup of tea & I noticed every light in the house was not flickering or dim any more. Everything was so bright & crisp. There were no shapes & Orbs darting around like there's been almost constantly today. I went to the bedroom & he feels... gone. It's almost like someone's missing in that room. It didn'the give me that heavy feeling it's had since I moved in. He might not be gone for good but something has changed for the better. What an odd bloody day!!!

Reactions: 7Critter
Well done! I see we need to add empath to that list of skills of yours.

Putting yourself in his shoes, acknowledging him, was a very good thing. And yes, sometimes just talking to them works wonders. What your describe as bright and crisp is often a sign that entities have left the building. I'll also mention that by saying the St. Michael's prayer, perhaps an angel was sent to guide him off as well.

Sometimes it takes a combo of things, and I'm very pleased this has worked for you. :)

One thing to mention here.....sometimes, when new skills come forth, we can act as a "beacon" to lost souls out there. If anything else pops by, use the same approach you have just used. Living near the sea often brings paranormal events front and center, including new abilities.

Reactions: RedWolf
Well done! I see we need to add empath to that list of skills of yours.

Putting yourself in his shoes, acknowledging him, was a very good thing. And yes, sometimes just talking to them works wonders. What your describe as bright and crisp is often a sign that entities have left the building. I'll also mention that by saying the St. Michael's prayer, perhaps an angel was sent to guide him off as well.

Sometimes it takes a combo of things, and I'm very pleased this has worked for you. :)

One thing to mention here.....sometimes, when new skills come forth, we can act as a "beacon" to lost souls out there. If anything else pops by, use the same approach you have just used. Living near the sea often brings paranormal events front and center, including new abilities.
When I woke up I felt more awake & normal then I have felt in too long. Last night I even asked my wife if she noticed anything different in the hallway. She said it seems brighter all of a sudden & the lights were a lot less dim. I still feel he's gone. Everything feels completely different & quite peaceful. I had a bit of a cry to myself this morning. I don't know why, just felt like I've breathed after a very long time under water.
How do you think he knew my name?
Anyway, I am so relieved & also happy he found what he was looking for. I hope he's free now.
I'm going to do a bit of spring cleaning on the house all over as well now. Just feels right.
And once again, from the bottom of my heart, thank you for helping me get through it all. It seemed hopeless for a long time.

This is great news Redwolf. I hope you will join our family here. Thanks for sharing your expierence. This is how we all gain knowledge and help each other. Many here have had paranormal events in their lives. Sharing helps us grow together and gain skills to cope. I hope you will make time to join us for the shows and live chat. That's where we really have fun and get to know each other.

Reactions: RedWolf and Debi
Thank you, Lynne! I will when I have a couple of hours aside spare at some point during the week. What do you mean by the shows?

Thank you, Lynne! I will when I have a couple of hours aside spare at some point during the week. What do you mean by the shows?
We meet at 10PM Eastern time each evening to listen in to podcasts and programs of the paranormal variety. We go on the live chat (which I turn on live capacity so it's like talking in a chat room) and we discuss the shows and have some fun together as a group. I realise with you in Scotland, there's a BIG time difference, although I have no clue what that equates to. I'm thinking that may be a 5 hour difference for you? So it's most likely in your middle of the night!