Things Change....Food Edition

We are currently on a Boudin jag. We are having boudin cornbread tonight. Boudin for those without a Cajun influence is a Cajun sausage made with rice and various meats. It is sort of like rice dressing in a sausage skin. It is SOOOO good on a cracker with a couple of drops of hot sauce. It is a fairly common working man's lunch where I grew up.
R.8618526010fdf0d7d53f531b75c60466

Now that it is cooling off there are a bunch of oven things that we don't cook as often in the summer. Mexican cornbread is coming! Can you tell that we like cornbread?

November means OYSTERS!! I like them fried, raw, in a stew, or in cornbread oyster dressing. They are strictly a winter food here. We drive down to the coast to get them fresh by the gallon and will probably pick up 25 pounds of shrimp while we are down there. It makes a nice day trip and when we go we often buy for several people.

Reactions: Benway
OYSTERS!!
NO! ACK! My dad loved oyster dressing at Thanksgiving. He was the only one to eat it but mom made it just for him every year while the rest of us gagged just smelling it. (She did also make us our normal dressing, so there was that at least!)

Reactions: RoseRed
For all those who dis-like certain veggies, try them grilled. The grill brings a new flavor. Some vegetables that I didn't like in the past taste so good grilled.

Reactions: Lynne and jadamz
My wife makes oyster dressing just for me and I LOVE it. I was raised on the coast and eat oysters any way that I can get them. We used to buy them by the bushel and as we sat and shucked them we ate about half and the rest made it into the house to be fried.

Nope, can't think of anything.

The ONLY thing that has changed in a way, is my feeling towards spinach.

Once, I just thought I did not like these evil greens - now, I know I physically hate the stuff!!

Reactions: Lynne
For all those who dis-like certain veggies, try them grilled. The grill brings a new flavor. Some vegetables that I didn't like in the past taste so good grilled.
Cowboy, you can add grill marks all you want to a squash and all it's gonna do is burn the decor. ;bg3

Reactions: Lynne