They said WHAT?

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
What's the strangest/most unexpected thing a colleague or coworker has said to you at work?

1622226299828.png

I have a number of these over my career, but the top three are:

3) I had a USAF Lt. Col. (O-5) ask me if I knew where he could "score some pot". (I didn't.)

2) I had a female coworker 20-25 years my senior tell me she was in love with me.

And 1)

I had a young female 2nd lieutenant fresh out of college ask me what a b#%*j!b was.

I have a number of these over my career, but the top three are:

3) I had a USAF Lt. Col. (O-5) ask me if I knew where he could "score some pot". (I didn't.)

2) I had a female coworker 20-25 years my senior tell me she was in love with me.

And 1)

I had a young female 2nd lieutenant fresh out of college ask me what a b#%*j!b was.
HaHaHa, those are good.......... and shows that LT's really are clueless about everything..... lol....
or was this a case of a "snipe hunt" on a newbie.... man, that would be a good one..lol

Reactions: Benway
I've had a few of them but the top one involved another nurse. Her husband often "DJ'd" parties for our residents so I also knew him.

Ally walked into my office, closed the door, and asked straight out, "Hey! You are such a pretty girl, my husband and I wanted to know if you'd join us in a threesome. If your husband wants to join in he's invited as well."

It was difficult to keep my composure, thank her for such a compliment, politely turn down the offer and not run screaming from the room. :eek:

HaHaHa, those are good.......... and shows that LT's really are clueless about everything..... lol....
or was this a case of a "snipe hunt" on a newbie.... man, that would be a good one..lol
No, she was serious. She'd been raised in a very strict home, and lived at home with her parents through college (where her Dad was a professor.) She had never been permitted to date, and apparently her only social life had been through her church. She joined the USAF to get away from home.

No, she was serious. She'd been raised in a very strict home, and lived at home with her parents through college (where her Dad was a professor.) She had never been permitted to date, and apparently her only social life had been through her church. She joined the USAF to get away from home.
Oh boy, did she make it

Reactions: Duke
Seven years in the military as an infantryman; many years spent in the construction industry after.

When I became General Manager at Skirmish Paintball games Nottingham, the first day on the site my employer asked me if I knew how to use a shovel. He then gave me a 15-minute lesson on how to use one despite me telling him I had lots of experience using them.

Some people..........

Seems like love or sex are popular on this thread.

1. While I was on a call with a client, a coworker interrupted me, got on her knee, and asked me to marry her. She was serious.

2. When I was 17 years old, an older (30s probably) male coworker asked me if, “I speak Greek?” I told him no, but that I can speak some Spanish. My boss overhead the other guy’s question, took me aside, and explained to me that the guy was trying to hit on me.

Something along the lines of, "Well that guy was a colossal ****. We have his credit card details though, so I'm buying some stuff. You want anything?"
Also, "Are you a man or a chicken?!!?!" while standing on a table.
And of course, in response to my saying, "Pleased to meet you," to the area manager she said, "We already met."
I asked when and she said, "You had your tongue halfway down my daughter's throat at the Christmas party."

After 45 years of working full time, I've heard it all.
When I was young, stupid, and less inhibited, I said a few things too.

:smirk: