They don't want that anymore..

I made it through most of the list. The common theme here seems to be, easier is better. The young people have moved away from more social gatherings to being at home. I think the internet brings everything to the home and one doesn't have to go out even for work. I don't really see anything wrong with that except they may become out of touch with others on a personal level. I think we have created a really soft generation and that may not be good if we need to defend ourselves or if the country comes on hard times. I will not generation bash though. Everything has its time. May they enjoy theirs. I am glad I lived at a time when Kids had bikes and the freedom to play in the woods with our friends. We drank out of the hose and played on the monkey bars. If you lived through it all you became for the most part a strong adult. I think this generation is missing out on something, but they won't know the difference, I guess. One thing I have noticed more and more is that young adults arn't learning to drive. I find this shocking. I hated learning but I knew it was my ticket out of the house and away from my parents' control. We don't have good mass transit in MI, so this is even more shocking. They are content to live at home and be cared for quite often.

Reactions: Selectric and Debi
I made it through most of the list. The common theme here seems to be, easier is better. The young people have moved away from more social gatherings to being at home. I think the internet brings everything to the home and one doesn't have to go out even for work. I don't really see anything wrong with that except they may become out of touch with others on a personal level. I think we have created a really soft generation and that may not be good if we need to defend ourselves or if the country comes on hard times. I will not generation bash though. Everything has its time. May they enjoy theirs. I am glad I lived at a time when Kids had bikes and the freedom to play in the woods with our friends. We drank out of the hose and played on the monkey bars. If you lived through it all you became for the most part a strong adult. I think this generation is missing out on something, but they won't know the difference, I guess. One thing I have noticed more and more is that young adults arn't learning to drive. I find this shocking. I hated learning but I knew it was my ticket out of the house and away from my parents' control. We don't have good mass transit in MI, so this is even more shocking. They are content to live at home and be cared for quite often.
I agree. I have worked with many of the younger gens and there does seem to be a lack of human contact couth. That does not apply to all, but some become too wrapped up in their social media lifestyle that talking to someone is only done by texting or emoji.

Reactions: Lynne and Debi
I agree. I have worked with many of the younger gens and there does seem to be a lack of human contact couth. That does not apply to all, but some become too wrapped up in their social media lifestyle that talking to someone is only done by texting or emoji.
Yep, and example in my own family happened the other day. My daughter was telling me about an argument she was having with her boyfriend by text. You can't believe how shocked I was when she admitted he was just in the other room. Well, I told her, you have another issue lol.

• Big Grin
Reactions: Selectric