There's Always One.....

I also dislike it when people drive up to someone's home, with their car stereo booming loud enough to rattle windows, then proceed to leave the car running, and the music playing, while they go visit someone. :mad:
Why is this sort of thing never done by people with good taste in music? It's like there is an inverse relationship between the quality of music and the conviction that everyone will love hearing it!

Why is this sort of thing never done by people with good taste in music? It's like there is an inverse relationship between the quality of music and the conviction that everyone will love hearing it!
Hey last week I was at the gas station and this guy pulls up in a tricked-out Jeep Wrangler blasting Kiss ' Lick It Up'. For a middle-aged guy he had a pretty cool vibe in his sleeveless shirt, ponytail and tattoos, very expensive sunglasses and sneakers.
He won $200 playing the scratch-off tickets and tipped the cashier twenty bucks. As I followed him out the store I said that was pretty cool man. We bumped fists.
And then I learned it's going to take a lot of money to become shabby chic and cool.

I also dislike it when people drive up to someone's home, with their car stereo booming loud enough to rattle windows, then proceed to leave the car running, and the music playing, while they go visit someone. :mad:
I spent a quarter of an hour writing and then Windows erased it. I did it again and it was even better, but correcting a punctuation error at the end deleted it all again.
I have lost the will to live and am going to get really drunk and listen to loud angry music.
On headphones.

Edit: I just coughed while drinking a glass of water and sprayed it in my face. I am DONE with today!

Edit 2: I just noticed that the first bit of my post posted and it's only the rest that vanished. How? I have no idea. Now, I really am giving up!

Last edited:
I spent a quarter of an hour writing and then Windows erased it. I did it again and it was even better, but correcting a punctuation error at the end deleted it all again.
I have lost the will to live and am going to get really drunk and listen to loud angry music.
On headphones.

Edit: I just coughed while drinking a glass of water and sprayed it in my face. I am DONE with today!

Edit 2: I just noticed that the first bit of my post posted and it's only the rest that vanished. How? I have no idea. Now, I really am giving up!
May the evening get better!

Reactions: Benway
May the evening get better!
Thankyou! In fairness to today, I did see the end of a weeks long problem with the return of my building's recycling bins, after the building manager sent them away.
I had an unsatisfying first conversation about it in which he didn't seem to get that this was a bad thing, then agonized over how to make the case in a killer way, only for a surprisingly helpful collision between that and my other big problem. The UK has one of the worst Covid infection rates in the world. It's totally out of hand here and it's all Covid Delta and Peterborough is the second biggest plague pit this time, so I've been celebrating my second jab, not catching up with friends, but hiding at home (still).
So he got Covid and I ended up talking to his temp replacement, who completely agreed with me and sat there nodding and saying things like, 'Yes! I'm glad you said that. I thought so too,' and 'Actually, I've already put everything you are talking about in motion' and that sort of thing. In any case, the usual guy is fully vaccinated and not that ill but just had to stay home long enough for others to fix his mistake and today it's all done.
So it was a good day, but the end was a bit annoying.
Thanks for brightening it!
I'm going to recycle it into tomorrow.
:)

Thankyou! In fairness to today, I did see the end of a weeks long problem with the return of my building's recycling bins, after the building manager sent them away.
I had an unsatisfying first conversation about it in which he didn't seem to get that this was a bad thing, then agonized over how to make the case in a killer way, only for a surprisingly helpful collision between that and my other big problem. The UK has one of the worst Covid infection rates in the world. It's totally out of hand here and it's all Covid Delta and Peterborough is the second biggest plague pit this time, so I've been celebrating my second jab, not catching up with friends, but hiding at home (still).
So he got Covid and I ended up talking to his temp replacement, who completely agreed with me and sat there nodding and saying things like, 'Yes! I'm glad you said that. I thought so too,' and 'Actually, I've already put everything you are talking about in motion' and that sort of thing. In any case, the usual guy is fully vaccinated and not that ill but just had to stay home long enough for others to fix his mistake and today it's all done.
So it was a good day, but the end was a bit annoying.
Thanks for brightening it!
I'm going to recycle it into tomorrow.
:)
I'm glad to hear there was a good part of the day for you! And yes, Covid is on a tear here as well. This Delta strain...it scares me.

I have often wished that I could make these people listen to Beethoven, or Gregorian monks chanting, at a very loud volume at 3:00 am.

It helps me to remind myself that I often have surprisingly good encounters with people. The “baddies” seem to somehow grab my attention. But I will keep sweeping those bad dustbunnies out of my mind & replacing them with the sweet, funny &/or kind critters (& humans!) :D

Bluesea, I'm seeing the same thing that you are. For the past month or so there has been a wind of politeness and kindness and people going out of their way to help each other. And those people are more often memorable than the self-absorbed screwballs.
I mentioned this to the girl that works the register at Walgreens and she concurred.

Reactions: garnetsilver