There's a Reason...

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score

DO YOU BELIEVE EVERYTHING HAPPENS FOR A REASON?
OR
DO YOU BELIEVE EVERYTHING IS SIMPLY RANDOM?

i believe everything has a reason and is surrounded by a lifetime of randomness. for every so many choices there is one that leads to the right path we are to be on, the choices we have are related to and come to us as we mature and have life experiences. when the time is right in our life the right choices will present themselves, so we may think we are in total control but sometimes, when needed, we may not be as much as we perceive.

I don't believe everything is random but I struggle to find a reason for a lot of things, there probably is a reason but I can't see it mostly. So MAYBE there is a reason for everything?

i believe everything has a reason and is surrounded by a lifetime of randomness. for every so many choices there is one that leads to the right path we are to be on, the choices we have are related to and come to us as we mature and have life experiences. when the time is right in our life the right choices will present themselves, so we may think we are in total control but sometimes, when needed, we may not be as much as we perceive.
Paul, take this as the compliment I mean this to be. I often feel this way when I read your insights.

wise_man_on_the_mountain-wise_men-old_men-wiseman-sages-computers-BA500446_low.jpg

Destiny yes because there is a free-will decision in following a path.
Fate no. My understanding of the definition is it negates the element of free will. I heard a Catholic priest give a talk on that one day. He gave a very strong caveat - it would be presumptuous of us to believe that everything that happens to us is by our own volition.
And this is where I come down with a belief in a certain degree of randomness. The world is a big and confusing place with a lot of moving parts. Predictions are very tricky. Look at the investment guys and the sports bettors. Generals planning war. There is definitely chaos out there.

In light of that chaos we do have the free will to decide how we are going to think, feel and act in light of events. I think our reactions are what we are ultimately judged on.

My 2 cents. Your mileage may vary......

I couldn't have said it better.

Reactions: Paulm and ozentity
I like this.

I think there is a certain amount of planned options for our soul journey. We make the daily choices but the life lessons we are here to learn seem to get steered onto a certain path. I think the further away from us our choices move into other lives, the less effect we have have with our intentions. Perhaps the closer group intentions agree the more effect our desires come about. I can’t help but feel that we are all connected and the beliefs and intentions of the majority are steering the ship.

I think there is a certain amount of planned options for our soul journey. We make the daily choices but the life lessons we are here to learn seem to get steered onto a certain path. I think the further away from us our choices move into other lives, the less effect we have have with our intentions. Perhaps the closer group intentions agree the more effect our desires come about. I can’t help but feel that we are all connected and the beliefs and intentions of the majority are steering the ship.
This has a ring of truth, as well as being very insightful!

Reactions: Lynne and Paintman