There was this one time when....

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
TELL ME YOUR FUNNY/SCARY/OMG LIFE STORIES!
IT CAN BE ABOUT ANYTHING OR ANYONE...FAMILY, PETS, FRIENDS, ANYTHING AT ALL!
GENTLEMEN, THIS CAN ALSO INCLUDE YOUR "HOLD MY BEER" STORIES.

AAAAAAND GO GO GO!

Reactions: Lynne and Paintman
I really don’t have anything you haven’t already heard. I will await to read your stories.

I grew up in an area where people spoke spanglish as well as english and spanish and the word "honkey" meant someone who wore cowboy boots and listened to country music but had never been on a horse. When I joined the army I was standing in the pay line for our first payday talking to my friend who was the only V and I was the first W. The drill sergeant had spent several minutes yelling at us about making sure we were lined up in alphabetical order. These 3 girls decided to get between us, they loved to mess with the "white" girls because most of them were afraid of them. Their names were Webb, Watkins and White. My friend has led a much more protected life than I had and she turned away, I told them "We are supposed to be in alphabetical order. If you need help with the alphabet I will be glad to help you." The leader told me "You Honkey Bitch..." I interrupted her with "If I'm a Honkey so are you, because we are both wearing the same boots!" She just stood with her mouth open trying to understand what I had said. I did not back up like she expected and her friends pulled her away saying "She crazy! Leave her alone, she crazy". Everyone treated me like I was crazy after that, even the drill sergeants heard about it. A girl from California explained what Honkey meant in the rest of the world and it made me laugh that I was so clueless. By then I had been called a few names that I didn't understand like "spic" (turns out I had an accent and didn't realize it) and "jew" (never have understood that one) and there was a girl from California that used to explain things to me.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lynne
When I was married before my husband got out of the army he was stationed at Ft. Levenworth as a prison guard for about 7 months. We lived in temporary housing because he was due to get out of the army in less than a year. We got to Kansas in September and it started snowing a week later. It seems like it snowed almost every day. He had to leave for work by 6 AM and I would go out and shovel our front walk and sidewalk after breakfast. Every Saturday he would get up early and go shovel everyone's walk in our area because he didn't know who was shoveling the walk for us. :p I don't know why he didn't ask me, but it was good exercise for him. It never ocured to him that I was the one shoveling the walk.

• Haha
Reactions: Lynne and 7Critter
Every Saturday he would get up early and go shovel everyone's walk in our area because he didn't know who was shoveling the walk for us. :p I don't know why he didn't ask me, but it was good exercise for him. It never ocured to him that I was the one shoveling the walk.
Now, that's funny.

Reactions: Lynne and JahaRa
When I was married before my husband got out of the army he was stationed at Ft. Levenworth as a prison guard for about 7 months. We lived in temporary housing because he was due to get out of the army in less than a year. We got to Kansas in September and it started snowing a week later. It seems like it snowed almost every day. He had to leave for work by 6 AM and I would go out and shovel our front walk and sidewalk after breakfast. Every Saturday he would get up early and go shovel everyone's walk in our area because he didn't know who was shoveling the walk for us. :p I don't know why he didn't ask me, but it was good exercise for him. It never ocured to him that I was the one shoveling the walk.
Great story.

Reactions: JahaRa
When I was 7 I was riding in the back seat of my friend's mother's car. My friend was in the front seat. She said something about the sun rising or going down and (my nick name back then was "Well, Actually") I said "well, actually the earth spins so it looks like the sun is going going down or rising." She got upset and said, "nu uh! Mom, tell her." Her mother was silent for a moment and then finally said, "no, she's right." I was good at destroying other kids realities. I had told my brother "The easter bunny isn't real, just like Santa Clause and the tooth fairy" destroying all of them with one fell swoop. He cried and my mother yelled at me. He was 5 and I was 6, I just couldn't imagine why he hadn't figured it out yet.

Reactions: Lynne
When I was in college there was a preacher that came every spring. He was a reprehensible old man and would accost young women on their way to class and tell them rude things about the way they were dressed. He had a specific spot he would come to stand on a boulder outside the engineering building and shout that "all you college students are going to burn in hell", brandishing his bible like a weapon. I remember witnessing him grab a woman on her way into the building and I went to her and said come on we'll be late for class. What ever he said to her upset her. One year the night before he was due to show up someone put a chalk outline of a body with a bible in it's hand in front of the boulder. He never came back.

Once when my kids were small (4 & 7) I used to hang out at a bookstore my friend owned. There was a woman named Maryann who also hung out there. She often mentioned "the space brothers". One day she said the space brothers had been giving her light shows in the sky at night. I asked about them and then asked if she could take me to see them. Of course I broght my kids, they went everywhere with me when I wasn't working. It was September so the sun was down by 8 pm. We followed her to a place behind the university facing the hill called "A" mountain (for Aggies - the university was mainly an agricultural school). On the other side of A mountain was the Organ mountains and on the other side of those is the White Sands Missle base where they were testing Reagan's "star wars". None of us knew what that meant, I thought it was a laser system to shoot missles from other countries or something. Anyway, we were looking at the stars and Maryann was explaining what to look for. Eventually she said, pointing to the sky, that looks like one there. We all looked and saw a star where she pointed, it moved then and zipped around the sky. It was soon joined by 2 other "stars" and they zipped around the sky together in a triangle formation for a while, then went 3 separate directions and disappeared. My oldest daughter (on earth to teach gratitude) yelled "Thank you!".

Once when my kids were small (4 & 7) I used to hang out at a bookstore my friend owned. There was a woman named Maryann who also hung out there. She often mentioned "the space brothers". One day she said the space brothers had been giving her light shows in the sky at night. I asked about them and then asked if she could take me to see them. Of course I broght my kids, they went everywhere with me when I wasn't working. It was September so the sun was down by 8 pm. We followed her to a place behind the university facing the hill called "A" mountain (for Aggies - the university was mainly an agricultural school). On the other side of A mountain was the Organ mountains and on the other side of those is the White Sands Missle base where they were testing Reagan's "star wars". None of us knew what that meant, I thought it was a laser system to shoot missles from other countries or something. Anyway, we were looking at the stars and Maryann was explaining what to look for. Eventually she said, pointing to the sky, that looks like one there. We all looked and saw a star where she pointed, it moved then and zipped around the sky. It was soon joined by 2 other "stars" and they zipped around the sky together in a triangle formation for a while, then went 3 separate directions and disappeared. My oldest daughter (on earth to teach gratitude) yelled "Thank you!".
An amazing sight! Did it change your perspective on UFOS ?

Reactions: JahaRa