News There goes the neighborhood!

surge

Linux Inside!
Reaction score
http://www.newbernsj.com/news/local...akes-itself-at-home-in-hickman-hills-1.485706

Rita Ferguson has a new neighbor, one who is scaly and sporting a mouth full of sharp teeth.

Ferguson came home from church Sunday to find a large alligator in her driveway.

“He was chilling out,” Ferguson said Monday as she stood on the side of Hickman Hill Loop Road in Havelock, looking at the creature in a narrow wetland near her home.

“He was about 6 or 7 foot long,” she said. “He’s a big one. He was in the driveway walking in the yard. And then when he got to the street, he stopped because he heard all the commotion of the people coming to see him.”

What do you do when he wanders over and invites your kids over to play with his kids? :eek:

When I lived in Florida, there was a neighbor with a small pond in which an alligator lived. I used to warn my kids repeatedly...do NOT climb that fence and play with that gator! Well, of course, they did...which once led to me somehow jumping over a 5 foot fence to rescue one of them from said gator! :eek: Still not sure how I did that....must have been mama power!