The Worst...

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score

376492239_692777432876643_1184932596484827257_n.jpg

Reactions: garnetsilver
A toothpick.

I was about 13 walking through the house barefoot and for some unknown reason there was a toothpick sticking straight up in the carpet. I wasn't running through the house but I wasn't exactly taking a casual stroll either, in the Army we called this pace "walking with a purpose". So I didn't feel the point and immediately stop but rather my foot came down with my full weight and there was too much forward momentum for me to stop or recoil onto my back foot. I did drop down to my knees in time so the toothpick didn't go all the way in, but when I rolled over to look at it there was only about a half inch or so sticking out, about the length of a fingernail. My first thought was that it was a broken toothpick as I couldn't conceive the possibility that there was about 2 inches of it inside my foot. But sure enough, as I pulled it out it just kept coming until I held a full length toothpick in my hands. Oddly enough there was not a single drop of blood anywhere, not on the wood nor any coming from the now gaping hole in the sole of my foot.

• Wow
At one time I lived in a pretty shabby apartment on the first floor of the building. This meant that in the summer, slugs liked to parade down the tiny hallway leading to the bathroom. On my way to the bathroom in the middle of the night, I stepped on one. It was quite disgusting!

• Puke
Reactions: Stevedog
A toothpick.

I was about 13 walking through the house barefoot and for some unknown reason there was a toothpick sticking straight up in the carpet. I wasn't running through the house but I wasn't exactly taking a casual stroll either, in the Army we called this pace "walking with a purpose". So I didn't feel the point and immediately stop but rather my foot came down with my full weight and there was too much forward momentum for me to stop or recoil onto my back foot. I did drop down to my knees in time so the toothpick didn't go all the way in, but when I rolled over to look at it there was only about a half inch or so sticking out, about the length of a fingernail. My first thought was that it was a broken toothpick as I couldn't conceive the possibility that there was about 2 inches of it inside my foot. But sure enough, as I pulled it out it just kept coming until I held a full length toothpick in my hands. Oddly enough there was not a single drop of blood anywhere, not on the wood nor any coming from the now gaping hole in the sole of my foot.
Ohhh I felt that as I read. ;vo

Worse than the poo was a nail. Growing up we were always barefoot. I am sure I have stepped on a lot of unpleasant things lol.