The Worst...

Hey L.S., Donna,
I once saw a waterspout on Lake Michigan at my brother's place.
It was like one of those days that Poseidon decided to take you down a notch !
The lake can create a fury. The lightning shows are tremendous. God does a nice job with those.
The Great Lakes are really just fresh water oceans. Have to treat them as such. Ask Gordon Lightfoot.

Hey L.S.
I once saw a waterspout on Lake Michigan at my brother's place.
It was like one of those days that Poseidon decided to take you down a notch !
The lake can create a fury. The lightning shows are tremendous. God does a nice job with those.
The Great Lakes are really just fresh water oceans. Have to treat them as such. Ask Gordon Lightfoot.
I've seen them from the top of the Skyway bridge one time, and also in the Gulf while on St. Pete Beach. They don't have as much force as the land tornadoes, but I wouldn't want to be in boat when one pops up!

Gotta agree on the Lake, Paint. Some of the wildest lightning I've ever seen has been over that lake.

Last edited:
That lake creates so much static electricity that you can feel it in the air.

Another thing is how temperatures fall rapidly. I took a date to the beach one day. " Bring a sweater. "
It was 90°, but at night, that ol' Alberta Clipper comes down.
She didn't listen and didn't bring a sweater. I gave her mine, being a gentleman and all.

Reactions: Donna Lee and Debi
I've never seen a waterspout over the ocean; that would be cool as long as no one was in danger!
They were very cool to watch. Nobody was in the path, they just hovered over the water and you could see the ocean water being pulled up into them! There were 4 of them, side by side. I remember thinking that I'm glad they're over the water!

Reactions: Lynne