The Worst....

Lol too funny! You know how some people think cilantro tastes like soap and others like it? I love cilantro and I have a belief the same thing is going on here with candy corn. People either love it or hate it. Now, black licorice on the other hand belongs in the trash. Lol
Whoa Whoa Whoa! Noblehouse and I wish to differ! :D

Reactions: NobleHouse and Fizz
THESE WERE VOTED THE WORST HALLOWEEN CANDIES OF 2019. WHICH IS YOUR CHOICE FOR WORST? DO YOU HAVE ANOTHER CANDIDATE FOR WORST EVER?

I HAPPEN TO DISAGREE WITH TWO CHOICES THERE...LOL WHICH DO YOU FEEL DON'T BELONG?

Really dislike bit-o-honey, black licorice, circus peanuts, and especially peanut butter kisses. Smarties I love, the rest I can take or leave.

1.jpg

My Dad loved these things, I think primarily because he knew none of us kids would eat them.

Smarties ! Never liked them. Next we’re tbe peanut butter kisses. The kisses are only good when fresh. I think we got some that were several years old. They were always hard.

Reactions: Paulm
Really dislike bit-o-honey, black licorice, circus peanuts, and especially peanut butter kisses. Smarties I love, the rest I can take or leave.

View attachment 20658

My Dad loved these things, I think primarily because he knew none of us kids would eat them.
I love gumdrops.

I love gumdrops.

Despite the fact they look the same, gumdrops and spice drops are very different. The former have a fruity flavor, the latter has a more sharp taste. Closest I can come to describing it is vaguely like clove.

Smarties are similar to Sweet Tarts, which along with Regal Crown Fruit Sours, are my favorite candies. Does anyone else remember the giant Sweet Tarts? They were maybe slightly larger in diameter than a silver dollar, and between an eighth and quarter inch in diameter. They came one in a bag, same flavors as regular Sweet Tarts. I read they quit making/selling them because kids were popping the whole thing in their mouths and getting "burns" on their tongues and roof of their mouth from the citric acid in them.

Despite the fact they look the same, gumdrops and spice drops are very different. The former have a fruity flavor, the latter has a more sharp taste. Closest I can come to describing it is vaguely like clove.

Smarties are similar to Sweet Tarts, which along with Regal Crown Fruit Sours, are my favorite candies. Does anyone else remember the giant Sweet Tarts? They were maybe slightly larger in diameter than a silver dollar, and between an eighth and quarter inch in diameter. They came one in a bag, same flavors as regular Sweet Tarts. I read they quit making/selling them because kids were popping the whole thing in their mouths and getting "burns" on their tongues and roof of their mouth from the citric acid in them.
I remember those and they were huge! I am not one who enjoys the sours, but I have tasted them from time to time. Now, my kids love them. I also heard those giant tarts were becoming choke hazards, another reason they stopped selling that size.

I remember those and they were huge! I am not one who enjoys the sours, but I have tasted them from time to time. Now, my kids love them. I also heard those giant tarts were becoming choke hazards, another reason they stopped selling that size.

I could understand that. They did sell what they called "Giant Sweet Tarts" years later, but they were soft/chewy. The 70s version was solid/hard, like the standard tarts.

After this question runs its course, a good follow up might be to ask what were the strangest things you ever got while trick or treating? Strange doesn't have to equate to bad, necessarily, by the way.

Reactions: Debi
I could understand that. They did sell what they called "Giant Sweet Tarts" years later, but they were soft/chewy. The 70s version was solid/hard, like the standard tarts.

After this question runs its course, a good follow up might be to ask what were the strangest things you ever got while trick or treating? Strange doesn't have to equate to bad, necessarily, by the way.
And so it shall be.