titch2k6

Truth Seeker
Reaction score
full_logo_inverted.png

ACTIVITY REPORT

Location - “The Village”, Mansfield – Friday 22nd October 2021: 20:42 – 02:07
Organised by - Skepticide Paranormal
Compiled by - Titch Evans, NNPG – 24/10/2021

As usual, under our standard caveat, we make no claims that any of the presented footage or audio is definitive proof of anything paranormal. However, the presented captured evidence is deemed “interesting” in nature and warrants further investigation.

Apart from any audio amplification or video enhancements (i.e. brightness and contrast), all files remain original.

Equipment used:
  • EMF Meter (Fuyi FY876)
  • HD IR Camcorder (Ordro HDV-D12) with independent IR light
  • Rempod (with Temp. Probe)
  • Camera (Panasonic DMC-FZ50)
  • Prismatic compass
  • Digital Voice Recorder (Olympus DM-670 + Generic backup)
Analysis software utilised:
  • Cool Edit Pro (Audio)
  • Adobe Premiere Pro (Video)
  • Fiji Image Analysis
  • Sonic Visualiser (Spectrum analysis)
This is not a detailed report on the investigation as a whole. This report only highlights noted, potential activity of interest captured during the event named above.

Due to file restrictions, this report will be divided into a number of individual threads in this post.

Liz Area

At one point during the evening, one of the team members, Liz, held a session (mediumship) in an area far to the rear, on the lower levels, of the building (hence the reference as "Liz Area"). After she had finished her session, I panned the IR camera around to the left to cover the rear of the hall we were located in.

In my viewing screen, I observed what appeared to be a light anomaly moving in my screen towards the rear of the hall. It appeared white in colour, with no noted trail, moving from right to left across the back of the room and at a height estimated at 10 feet from ground level. This was noted on the recording timer at a timeline of 00:08.20.

On reviewing the footage taken at the time, this anomaly could not be observed. However, it was noted that there was a partially blocked light (emergency lighting indicator?) that, in one position was not visible through some hanging scrim netting, but as you moved, it became visible:

light_shot_1.jpg

light_shot_2.jpg

With no further evidence noted, it can only be presumed at this point that this light was captured by the camera and the effect noted was due to some digital anomaly presented through the camera’s viewing screen.

Back Of Liz Area

Following Liz’s session and the presumed light anomaly, I slowly moved further back into the hall. At the very far end, there is a bamboo screen with a peek hole in it at a height of around 4 – 5 feet from floor level. The peek hole is approximately a 16 x 24” rectangle opening.

I panned my camera across the peek hole from left to right (with nothing observed during review) from a fixed position off to the left of the screen, and then back again. In the first clip below, I can be seen panning the camera across the peek hole and back. The second clip, slowed to 10% of original, shows me panning from right to left and something is noted within the peek hole, apparently coming into view from the right of the hole, and from the rear of the screen:

The screenshot below is taken just after mid pan. Notice what appears to be a "figure" peeking through the hole in the bottom right-hand edge:

peeking.jpg

All team members were accounted for and towards the other end of the hall. This can be substantiated by further footage taken after this capture. I also went on to go behind this screen, which was also captured on video, and there was nothing noted during the review that could explain this, especially when watching the slow clip and the “figure” appears to come in to shot from behind the right-hand edge of the hole, moves back behind the screen a little, then moves back into full-frame (from which this still was taken).

Last edited:
Reactions: 7Critter and Duke
Jail Area

Down in the old Nightclub dancefloor area, now the main Laser arena, and at the far end away from the main reception, is a small room with another small area that has some metal bars partitioning it. For this reason, I nicknamed it the “Jail” area.

I visited this location on three occasions throughout the night, but it was on the second occasion I potentially caught something on the camera audio. I was running my backup generic voice recorder at the time (the Olympus had malfunctioned earlier on in the investigation) and interestingly, this presumed audio phenomenon was not caught on this device.

I was explaining that I had my EMF device in my left hand (my camera being held in my right) and if anything wanted to make contact, to touch that device. Shortly after, I hear on the video audio what appears to be an inhale, followed by an exhale – almost like a sigh. Again, this is only audible on the video audio track.

The first video clip is a 3dB boosted audio of this occurrence, whilst the second clip is the same video, but with the Dictaphone audio overlaid. It is clear that this sound is not present in the Dictaphone audio. I have placed text markers where the two sounds are observed on both video clips:

Reactions: 7Critter and Duke
The three audio files show the original audio capture on the camera, a 10dB boost to the wave area of what appears to be an inhale and exhale sound and the original Dictaphone audio:

Analysing the original video audio on the spectrum analyser, the “inhale” has a bin frequency of 430Hz, and a peak frequency of 99Hz, whilst the “Exhale” has a bin frequency of 818Hz and a peak frequency of 129Hz. Although these are within the lower frequency ranges, they are still within the audible ranges that we can hear. However, I do not recollect hearing this at the time of capture:

spectrum_analysis.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Lynne and Duke
Alien Corridor

These, for me, were the most puzzling captures of the evening. As you headed down the stairs from main reception and around under the upper level, there is a long corridor that interconnects the Laser arena and the back area (where Liz had her session). There are a number of “alien faces” down the corridor and for this reason, I nicknamed it the “Alien corridor”.

Throughout the night I was constantly, and unexplainedly, drawn to this area and the room off to the right at the top (as coming from the arena). On a number of occasions throughout the night, I had some hits from the Rempod (light chirping from the device) in the very back of this side room which was also witnessed at one point by another team member (Rob).

At one point, I was heading into the corridor and I saw another team member heading towards me. To allow them to pass, I cut into a little alcove on the left-hand side of the corridor and waited. My camera was pointing to the wall opposite.

A few seconds before the lady passed, and as viewed on the clip, my screen blacked out for a couple of seconds before the image returned, then the lady passes. I never saw this on the screen at the time of recording and, initially on reviewing the footage, I thought that I had had a malfunction. This is shown in the following clip:

However, when slowed down, an interesting occurrence was noted. It almost appears as though a black mass moves across the camera, from left to right, shutting out the IR light and picture. At one point, you can still see the illuminated marks on the back wall showing through the “darkness” that appears to be passing. It remains black for a moment longer before the illuminated marks show once more through the blackness before the image returns fully. Shortly after the lady passes. This can be seen in the following clip, where the moment this “darkness” comes across has been slowed down to 10% of the original speed:

I recorded over 4 hours of footage throughout the night’s investigation and this is the only time this happens, potentially ruling out a device issue.

Reactions: Duke
What also adds some credence to this occurrence, is that a little later after this, I took my still camera down to the same corridor, and from the very bottom end, looking down to the arena, I took three still shots with the flash. Reviewing these back at reception, I noted that the third photo taken appeared darker than the other two – as though something was blocking out some of the light from the flash. All three images were taken with flash, on the same settings and from the same spot:

P1000135.JPG

Shot 1

P1000136.JPG

Shot 2

P1000137.JPG

Shot 3

My initial thoughts were, what are the odds of these two occurrences happening in the same corridor?

When this was observed, I immediately took my camera back to the corridor, approximately to the same spot, and took another three images to try and recreate what I noted in the first three images taken:

P1000144.JPG

Shot 4

P1000145.JPG

Shot 5

P1000146.JPG

Shot 6

There was no noted visual difference in the second set of triple stills as there was during the first and I have no explanation for this. Is there a correlation between this darkened image and what the camcorder caught? As with anything potentially deemed as paranormal, there are more questions than answers at this point.

Post Investigation Thoughts

A re-visit to “The Village” could possibly benefit from an SLS Camera and P-SB7 (or an FC7 Portal), which we are looking to acquire within the next few months, being taken to delve further into any activity within this site. A CCTV set-up within the corridor, rear hall area and the Jail area may also be beneficial (there is some localised CCTV coverage viewable from the reception area).

Many people have experienced, and witnessed, activity on the site. Having read these accounts, it was a little disappointing with the apparent “lack” of activity noted. However, as with any location, activity is never guaranteed and certainly is never “on tap” for investigators. Although the activity that I experienced in my time at “The Village” may or may not have been paranormal in origin, they were experiences that at present I cannot explain, and for this reason, we will look at further visits to the site to investigate, and document, further and deeper.

I have recommended further research on the site’s history. There were some interesting revelations made by some of the members during the night. Mansfield Central Library should hold accessible research materials for those involved. Failing that, Nottinghamshire Historical Archives may also be beneficial to visit.

All in all, I had an interesting investigation with a very friendly team who made me feel very welcome from the moment I arrived on site. Paranormal investigations should be inclusive of team collaborations, and it is one of the fundamental principles behind NNPG’s conception.

Last edited:
Reactions: Duke
I enjoyed your report, Titch! Thank you for sharing with us!!!