The Valentine Thread

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
It's this week! Valentine's Day, the day of love, is on it's way. Let's hear it for love this week. Starting you off with TWO questions but I'm taking all comments on the topic here!

10968436_1104668042892622_3375373725974610389_n.jpg

10968380_1105586812800745_8336894771260210381_n.jpg

Most romantic thing? How about getting married on that day? Which I did, 44 years ago. Yup...I've stuck with him and overcome those periodic urges to smother him with a pillow...lol

I had been with a Canadian girl for a year, she was studying in Luxembourg and would spend weekends with me in Scotland. I surprised her by arriving in Canada on Valentine’s Day and delighted she was.

it didn’t last very long and two weeks later she dropped me at the airport never to be seen again no reason given.

The most romantic thing I can think of, is that when Jim found out that I loved the book "Cross Creek" by Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings, he arrange a trip to visit her actual house, which had been historically preserved. It was such a thrill to see where she had sat while typing the actual book!

Our song is "God Only Knows," by the Beach Boys.

And oh, yes, so far I have had those same "smother with a pillow" moments, but I do love that guy!

I had been with a Canadian girl for a year, she was studying in Luxembourg and would spend weekends with me in Scotland. I surprised her by arriving in Canada on Valentine’s Day and delighted she was.

it didn’t last very long and two weeks later she dropped me at the airport never to be seen again no reason given.
That is both romantic and sad at once!

The most romantic thing I can think of, is that when Jim found out that I loved the book "Cross Creek" by Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings, he arrange a trip to visit her actual house, which had been historically preserved. It was such a thrill to see where she had sat while typing the actual book!

Our song is "God Only Knows," by the Beach Boys.

And oh, yes, so far I have had those same "smother with a pillow" moments, but I do love that guy!
I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one armed with that pillow...lol