The Universal Mind

interesting read, as with the "eye" of the yin and yang symbol, there is always a little "good" in the "bad" and conversely, the other way around. no absolutes...if you combine this thought with the multiverse theory it makes even more sense. if every choice or thought we have plays out in another dimension could that mean that what writers create would actually create a timeline/dimension of their own, could we just be the product of someone elses thoughts? if so, that would make this dimension/world a product of one mind........

Reactions: Lynne and Selectric
what writers create would actually create a timeline/dimension of their own, could we just be the product of someone elses thoughts?
Well if God is the writer, then absolutely would fit. Not sure if we are of the same mind. I believe we all are individuals in that sense...just came from the same 'place'. There may be others we are linked to...so maybe that's more based on frequency. Brain melt region there lol.

Reactions: Lynne and Paulm
In the case of parallel worlds...there may be another version of us...but if theory holds and each version takes different paths...they are not us. Our experiences forge who we are and how we implement ourselves. If another me hates fishing...then...he is not me lol. Be pretty boring if there are multiple sames of us running around somewhere.

Reactions: Paulm
In the case of parallel worlds...there may be another version of us...but if theory holds and each version takes different paths...they are not us. Our experiences forge who we are and how we implement ourselves. If another me hates fishing...then...he is not me lol. Be pretty boring if there are multiple sames of us running around somewhere.
the different paths, and choices we pass up are what creates the alternate reality, so in most ways the other "us" would actually/possibly be our opposite...... the original topic touches on a few philosophical thought processes that could lead to this, i can see somewhat how he came to this, or what would bring him to this idea.

They all share the same soul.
For every thought that you don't follow through on it creates a new reality where you do.
That is one of the theories. But spiritually they are all you.

I haven't read this yet, but I do believe in a universal mind, but in my understanding evil is explained by the universal mind consisting of many minds linked by an empathic connection. People with low or non-existent empathy are both likely to do evil things and not part part of the mind. If the rest of us are brain cells, then they are cancer cells, proliferating through the creation of trauma in the young, causing sociopathy, and harming and killing healthy cells. I'll have to read the article tomorrow.

Well if God is the writer, then absolutely would fit. Not sure if we are of the same mind. I believe we all are individuals in that sense...just came from the same 'place'. There may be others we are linked to...so maybe that's more based on frequency. Brain melt region there lol.
I lean into this idea too. Our souls may be sparks from the creator but I believe we all evolve and develop as individuals. Just like when we have children in the physical. They come from us but are individuals. I believe the part of us that comes from God is what connects our spirits.

Reactions: Paulm
I believe the part of us that comes from God is what connects our spirits.
Perhaps. But the bigger question that we all should have is "What is God?".
I don't believe in the Christian text. It was mostly designed by men (like all religions) who desired to control other humans.

I do believe in the afterlife.
But I've found my upbringing in the Christian belief system was highly flawed in a fictional sense.

If the supposed men of God also believed in the biblical text, they wouldn't be sexually abusing children.

Perhaps. But the bigger question that we all should have is "What is God?".
I don't believe in the Christian text. It was mostly designed by men (like all religions) who desired to control other humans.

I do believe in the afterlife.
But I've found my upbringing in the Christian belief system was highly flawed in a fictional sense.

If the supposed men of God also believed in the biblical text, they wouldn't be sexually abusing children.
I agree man has put his own spin on things. I think we don’t need to put a limit on what god is. A universal mind might be a good attempt. I personally believe in Jesus as our savior and reconciler to God. I leave the details to everyone else.

Reactions: DarkMatter