The Two Sides of Sleep Paralyzis

Saint Padre Pio, aka the Demon Fighter, once said while attending a festival, "There are so many demons over us right now that they would block out the sun if they materialized." (Or something to that effect)

That was a really interesting article, I wish there was a bit more on prevention than Holy water, I don’t generally yield a huge supply (none, I have no Holy water). Night terrors is something that fascinates me as a long time sufferer. My partner is usually the cure - shaking me awake. I find the cultural link understandable, but not entirely convincing. I’ve only had one “old hag” encounter, but at the time, other than thinking it was an incredibly terrifying dream, I had no idea that it was a shared occurrence. For me it begs the question of ‘how can it be cultural influence if I’m not aware of the culture?’

I’ve only had one “old hag” encounter, but at the time, other than thinking it was an incredibly terrifying dream,
When I was around 8 to 10 I used to be woken at times by a cackling laugh and being held down, I don't know if it's similar to the hag experience you had. I remember it terrified me.

When I was around 8 to 10 I used to be woken at times by a cackling laugh and being held down, I don't know if it's similar to the hag experience you had. I remember it terrified me.
I “liked” that, but I want you to know it was purely out of acknowledgement, not because I’m here like “thumbs up, I approve of your distress”

I’ve heard reports of other people hearing or sensing her, but not seeing her, and in the reports where they sensed something, they described somehow knowing it was an old woman.

the sleep paralysis seems to be quite consistent in reports and mine is no different, just minor changes in details like the sudden immersion of fear and then paralysis setting in before I actually saw her. She crawled down the wall at the far end of the room and up my bed. I’ve actually just remembered my sister having the exact same “woman crawling up her bed” dream years and years ago. I guess on a subconcious level it could be cultural. Hmm

Reactions: ozentity
I “liked” that, but I want you to know it was purely out of acknowledgement, not because I’m here like “thumbs up, I approve of your distress”

I’ve heard reports of other people hearing or sensing her, but not seeing her, and in the reports where they sensed something, they described somehow knowing it was an old woman.

the sleep paralysis seems to be quite consistent in reports and mine is no different, just minor changes in details like the sudden immersion of fear and then paralysis setting in before I actually saw her. She crawled down the wall at the far end of the room and up my bed. I’ve actually just remembered my sister having the exact same “woman crawling up her bed” dream years and years ago. I guess on a subconcious level it could be cultural. Hmm
I often think that when I put a like on something not nice, lol. Your account does sound horrifying,. When you say cultural do you mean sort of a genetic memory? I feel it is either that or an entity that preys on the young and vulnerable.

That sounds truly terrifying!

Reactions: Tomy
I often think that when I put a like on something not nice, lol. Your account does sound horrifying,. When you say cultural do you mean sort of a genetic memory? I feel it is either that or an entity that preys on the young and vulnerable.
In regards to cultural I mean how the entity is perceived around the globe depending on the surrounding influences, be it Religions, the folklore of an area, popular culture. in the west the “old hag” is encountered a lot, which gave me reservations about these encounters being a product of influence, as I’d never heard of such encounters, let alone know it was quite a common theme. However, recalling my sister having a similar experience many years ago has made me wonder if the entity was just a product of influence on some subconcious level.

I’ve only had one encounter with the hag, but once a blue moon I’ll have a night terror with a different ‘thing’, which I guess is along the same ilk. I’ll post a new thread about it, as I’d be interested to know if anyone else has had that particular experience.

feel free to ‘like’ my existential crisis as an appropriate response

Reactions: Debi and ozentity