The Two Sides of Sleep Paralyzis

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score

And then there's real disturbances that aren't attributable to sleep disorders. I know that I have been visited by unwanted things, and I also have mild sleep apnea.

Reactions: ozentity
You can use sleep paralysis to get the most realistic lucid dreams. As long as you know how to use them, of course.

Reactions: Paintman
You can use sleep paralysis to get the most realistic lucid dreams. As long as you know how to use them, of course.
Hello Consus,

I'm a little confused about your statement. Are you saying sleep paralysis is something you can control and employ in order to bring on more lucid dreams? Is this something like the vision quest dreaming many First Americans experience in their spiritual practices? Thanks!

Reactions: Consus
I remember slipping into lucid dreaming after reading about setting in intention to do so. For years I had been having a repetitive nightmare, so when I entered the lucid state, I was able to change the outcome of the dream. I haven't had it since then.

Reactions: Consus and Paintman
I remember slipping into lucid dreaming after reading about setting in intention to do so. For years I had been having a repetitive nightmare, so when I entered the lucid state, I was able to change the outcome of the dream. I haven't had it since then.
That's interesting. I wish I had that level of control over how I dream. There are times when I think I've done that, but I'm just not confident that it wasn't just a coincidence. I do sometimes focus on what I want to dream about, and it's happened for me a few times. I'm just so darn skeptical about things that I'm not willing to let myself think I actually had any impact on the dream by what I was thinking as I laid there trying to fall asleep. Skepticism is a two edged sword; it protects us from being fooled but it also closes off some of the wonders of the universe that I really do think exist.

Hello Consus,

I'm a little confused about your statement. Are you saying sleep paralysis is something you can control and employ in order to bring on more lucid dreams? Is this something like the vision quest dreaming many First Americans experience in their spiritual practices? Thanks!
Sleep paralysis is nothing more than your body asleep and that part of your consciousness is still awake. Often because you cannot move you panic, this makes you see strange things.
Everything you see, hear or feel is nothing more than your own thoughts. In fact it is a side effect of a lucid dream. What people often forget during a paralysis is that you are dreaming, so you can control everything that happens. Think of a peaceful place and you have transitioned from paralysis to lucid dreaming. Think of it as a doorway that is also a puzzle, you have to find the solution.

Reactions: Cat Man
Sleep paralysis is nothing more than your body asleep and that part of your consciousness is still awake. Often because you cannot move you panic, this makes you see strange things.
Everything you see, hear or feel is nothing more than your own thoughts. In fact it is a side effect of a lucid dream. What people often forget during a paralysis is that you are dreaming, so you can control everything that happens. Think of a peaceful place and you have transitioned from paralysis to lucid dreaming. Think of it as a doorway that is also a puzzle, you have to find the solution.
That clarifies it a bit. Thank you Consus. I have had dreams where I know I'm dreaming and do seem to play an active or conscious role within the dream.