The Time Machine

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score

Don't do it. Whether it is possible or not, don't mess with the past. One instant though can change an event in your life...what will it do to everyone else? I also was under the belief time can course correct. What's done is done. Yes, it may have been a tragic loss, but it's how it was meant to be. Can never fully grasp the potential implications of trying to change events. Time travel cannot be viewed from a one sided angle. If my brother got a job with the utility company many years ago, his life and also my life would've been changed. His son would never have been born, his grandchildren would not have been born, he never would've went in service. Who knows what major changes could've resulted from that one small event in the grand scheme of things.

Don't do it. Whether it is possible or not, don't mess with the past. One instant though can change an event in your life...what will it do to everyone else? I also was under the belief time can course correct. What's done is done. Yes, it may have been a tragic loss, but it's how it was meant to be. Can never fully grasp the potential implications of trying to change events. Time travel cannot be viewed from a one sided angle. If my brother got a job with the utility company many years ago, his life and also my life would've been changed. His son would never have been born, his grandchildren would not have been born, he never would've went in service. Who knows what major changes could've resulted from that one small event in the grand scheme of things.
ive often sat back and wondered "what if" on certain decisions, what if i had chose this instead of that, how different of a person would i now be, where would the "other" path have led...... no regrets, but the thought is always fascinating.

The guy didn't create a time machine as the title says. He just has an unproven theory based on another theory that not everyone agrees is proven either (relativity).

I have often wished to go back in time and change some decisions that I made, but if I could, who knows how many wonderful things that I have experienced would not have happened?

There is a movie that explores this: About Time (2013) - IMDb

There is a scene where this guy goes back in time to avert a tragedy, but when he comes back to the present, he has a different child then he had before. It just shows that if we meddle with the way things were, countless things in the future can be affected.

I have often wished to go back in time and change some decisions that I made, but if I could, who knows how many wonderful things that I have experienced would not have happened?

There is a movie that explores this: About Time (2013) - IMDb

There is a scene where this guy goes back in time to avert a tragedy, but when he comes back to the present, he has a different child then he had before. It just shows that if we meddle with the way things were, countless things in the future can be affected.
Oh Garnet, don’t even get me started on all the things I would correct/ adjust. Believe me, life has given me some pretty crappy hands….let me tell you! My best friend just retired last week at 57 years old. He will never have to go to a job again for the rest of his life, I wish I would’ve had that one… job that would have done the same for me. But…. had that happened, I would have missed… all my experiences camping as much as I did, and traipsing through the Arkansas Ouachita mountains for nearly 30 years. My Spirit guides told me 20 years ago….. “You picked a hard life, but a very good one”. They couldn’t have been more right. It’s what.. we do with the time we have that’s important. They say Its all about journey, I suppose they are right.