The Three Knocks of Death

Stupid_Cattato1

Reaction score
Months back, possibly in 2018, my little sister and I were home alone while our mom and her boyfriend were at a concert. I was sitting in my bedroom , on my phone as usual, until I heard 3 knocks. I assumed the mail man was at the door, needing a signature, but when I opened the front door, there was nobody there. I checked the back door as well, but nobody was there either. I locked the doors and texted my friend about it, I usually told her when weird stuff happened. She didn't know what it was, and I didn't bother to check the internet about it, either. It happened again a few months later , I heard knocking while I was in my bedroom, home alone, I asked my sister who was at the door, I assumed she would know because she was in the living room , so she might've checked the door. She told me nobody was there, she had no idea why I asked her. I told her I heard knocking at the door, but she apparently didn't hear anything . I'm still weirded out, but I looked into it today and it says that the three knocks usually mean something bad will happen. My grandpa died in February of this year, my grandma's friend Puff dying a few months before. I usually don't believe in the paranormal or demons ,but this has got me thinking...

Last edited:
Hi Cattato, welcome to the forum!
The 3 knocks can mean different things depending on where you look, but before we go any further, has there been any paranormal activity there? Is this an isolated incident?

Reactions: Lynne
Hi SC , welcome to the forum. Although knocks can be paranormal communication, this could still be someone knocking and running. It is not an uncommon prank. Has there been any other associated activity? Do you have a history of odd activity?

Months back, possibly in 2018, my little sister and I were home alone while our mom and her boyfriend were at a concert. I was sitting in my bedroom , on my phone as usual, until I heard 3 knocks. I assumed the mail man was at the door, needing a signature, but when I opened the front door, there was nobody there. I checked the back door as well, but nobody was there either. I locked the doors and texted my friend about it, I usually told her when weird stuff happened. She didn't know what it was, and I didn't bother to check the internet about it, either. It happened again a few months later , I heard knocking while I was in my bedroom, home alone, I asked my sister who was at the door, I assumed she would know because she was in the living room , so she might've checked the door. She told me nobody was there, she had no idea why I asked her. I told her I heard knocking at the door, but she apparently didn't hear anything . I'm still weirded out, but I looked into it today and it says that the three knocks usually mean something bad will happen. My grandpa died in February of this year, my grandma's friend Puff dying a few months before. I usually don't believe in the paranormal or demons ,but this has got me thinking...
I always want to rule things out before getting frightened.
For example I once thought someone was opening my garden gate in the night as the sounds I heard were the same.
I got out of bed and checked ouside realising it was quite windy and next door had some new timber piled up and it is banging together every few minutes. If I had not checked I would have sworn it was my gate banging open.
Just try to think of these things first.
I am not dismissing your story at all just that there are many other things that can make a loud bang that you would be convinced was the front door.

Reactions: Lynne and 7Critter
Reading my previous post I feel it was worded wrong. I would never wish to dismiss your account as i know how it feels to be dismissed.
It is just that sounds can be so similar and the brain looks for patterns all the time.
See how it progresses.
best of luck

Reactions: Fizz and Lynne
there are a lot of superstitions concerning death, and the internet will have you thinking of every one of them...lol... I wouldn't put to much thought into what you find on line concerning "old wives tales"....most are just there to be "spooky" and for entertainment...some of the old tales are, if you hear a dog howling a mournful howl, or a bird flying into the home, or that death comes in three's.... pregnant women should not attend a funeral....corpse should always leave the house feet first, or they may look back and call someone to join them....cover all mirrors..... cemeteries are layed out to bury all the dead facing east, (this one may have some truth to it)....but you get the idea, there are tons and tons of fears concerning dying, many superstitions and beliefs, but more than likely there is a simple explanation and nothing to worry about.