The Teleporting Nun

Don't get me wrong, this is a really nice story that I enjoyed reading, but I find it hard to believe. Not because I do not believe in the possibility of rare and unknown phenomena, but mainly because this happened in the 1600s.

Fear, myths, strange beliefs and an 'overexaggerating' of facts was ripe around the EMA (early modern era) which incidentally, followed on very close from the Middle Ages - and we all knew what kind of things went down during that period. This also 'happened' over 400 years ago. The phenomena of 'Chinese whispers' would undoubtedly have changed the facts of the actual events that occurred into what has been reported.

To me, the story of teleportation is nothing more than myth or folklore. To suggest that the human body could transport itself at a molecular level, from one place to another, sometimes 100s, if not 1000s of miles away, is really hard even for me to believe. However, this does not mean that she MAY have possessed some other psychic power of remote viewing or some form of out of body experience. Could she 'remote' her consciousness out? Guess we will never really know.......

Reactions: garnetsilver
Saint Padre Pio did that also, and that was not too long ago.

I grew up hearing Padre Pio stories. But I always bought the one where he bi located and turned back the WW2 bombers was the best. After the war these men sought him out & wanted some explanation for what they really saw. I tend to believe because these men, and what they were doing then, are not prone to nonsense.

I grew up hearing Padre Pio stories. But I always bought the one where he bi located and turned back the WW2 bombers was the best. After the war these men sought him out & wanted some explanation for what they really saw. I tend to believe because these men, and what they were doing then, are not prone to nonsense.
I've read dozens of histories of the USAAF in Italy but have never read of the "flying monk" in any of them. I have read/heard the story from various Church sources, however.

The problem with trying to prove the story is the overall lack of information about the raid(s). No dates, no units/bomber types, no target designations, no bases, no aircrew names. etc. The only clue is the mention of "Bari," the location of 15 AF headquarters the last few years of the war.

With at least some of those bits of information, research could be done in the operational records at the USAF Historical Research Agency in Ala. That would include the actual post mission debriefs of aircrew by intel officers. If seeing a flying monk had been offered by aircrew as the reason for aborting an assigned mission, it would be in those debrief/after action reports.

Contrast this story with the foo fighters stories of WWII. Those sightings were recorded and copies of debrief reports have been published in a number of UFO and even a few WWII history books. I've tracked down and interviewed a few of the USAAF pilots/aircrew who reported foo fighters in both the ETO and PTO based on the wealth of information available on the incidents.

the foo fighters stories of WWII.
Out of curiosity, and since I know little of the foo fighters overall, did the descriptions of them resemble the "tic tacs" reported today?