The Tarot Debate (Updated)

Genesis 1:14
“And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:”

King James Version (KJV)

Genesis 1:14 New International Version (NIV)
14 And God said, “Let there be lights in the vault of the sky to separate the day from the night, and let them serve as signs to mark sacred times, and days and years,
thank you!

Reactions: Debi
Don't forget, God used a star to announce the birth of Jesus and act as a guide. You look at the Bible and it's filled wih astrological things.

Don't forget, God used a star to announce the birth of Jesus and act as a guide. You look at the Bible and it's filled wih astrological things.
sshhhh, don't tell the bible belt :rolleyes:

maybe someday we can all come to a loving understanding of one another :)

Biblically I think it’s ok to use the stars as signs of the times or marking times but not for divination.

Personal rights in this country are for everyone. I think their constitutional rights are being violated.

Last edited:
Reactions: NobleHouse
Tarot card controversy sparks heated debate at public hearing

Some said they feared for their family’s safety if the town permitted the practice to go on inside the store. Others argued the practice would open up “demonic realms” which young children would be subjected to. Others said they feared a failure to prevent the change would go against them on judgment day.

Note the use of the word 'fear' twice in the quoted paragraph. This fear-based kind of religious argument is all too familiar to me. We dare not do this and we dare not think that, because the Almighty might zap us.

I was sent to private protestant religious schools as a kid. The warnings about how I could be corrupted by tarot cards and 'evil' rock music were coming at me from every direction.

Note the use of the word 'fear' twice in the quoted paragraph. This fear-based kind of religious argument is all too familiar to me. We dare not do this and we dare not think that, because the Almighty might zap us.

I was sent to private protestant religious schools as a kid. The warnings about how I could be corrupted by tarot cards and 'evil' rock music were coming at me from every direction.
I hear ya Cat I think they’re fear is for what happens after this life. However you point is well made.

Reactions: CalicoBarnCat
I hear ya Cat I think they’re fear is for what happens after this life. However you point is well made.

Yes, it is mostly that, but there actually were people who insisted that we could suffer from spiritual 'attacks' and/or demonic oppression if we became involved with the occult or rock music. I had to listen to people lecture on the 'dangers' of back-masking.

Yes, it is mostly that, but there actually were people who insisted that we could suffer from spiritual 'attacks' and/or demonic oppression if we became involved with the occult or rock music. I had to listen to people lecture on the 'dangers' of back-masking.

Well, I actually think people CAN "suffer from spiritual 'attacks' and/or demonic oppression if we became involved with the occult..."
The occult in my opinion, is totally different than the paranormal. BUT, people should have their free will and choice to believe and practice what they want-as long as it does not harm others. Just my opinion....

Reactions: CalicoBarnCat
Well, I actually think people CAN "suffer from spiritual 'attacks' and/or demonic oppression if we became involved with the occult..."
The occult in my opinion, is totally different than the paranormal. BUT, people should have their free will and choice to believe and practice what they want-as long as it does not harm others. Just my opinion....

Oh, I do believe in demonic oppression absolutely (always did), especially after some recent bad experiences!

Reactions: NobleHouse