The Surge

In Albuquerque everyone is still expected to wear a mask, that never changed since March 2020. The businesses are doing their best to stay open and I think it helps that we do (most all) still wear the masks. One thing that is a very bad habit in the U.S. is going to work when you are sick. That is how offices of 30 people get down to a skeleton crew because one person went to work with the flu, and people have done it knowing they have covid19 as well. Some bosses set up an atmosphere where people are afraid to call in sick, others just think all that over the counter medicine is supposed to get them through the day, without ever thinking about whether they are contagious and what the effects of that are to the people they interact with. If you are sick stay home.

In Albuquerque everyone is still expected to wear a mask, that never changed since March 2020. The businesses are doing their best to stay open and I think it helps that we do (most all) still wear the masks. One thing that is a very bad habit in the U.S. is going to work when you are sick. That is how offices of 30 people get down to a skeleton crew because one person went to work with the flu, and people have done it knowing they have covid19 as well. Some bosses set up an atmosphere where people are afraid to call in sick, others just think all that over the counter medicine is supposed to get them through the day, without ever thinking about whether they are contagious and what the effects of that are to the people they interact with. If you are sick stay home.
Excellent point.

My state holds it's own record for being the second to the last of safe states.

And for anyone following this thread, the 37 yr. old I mentioned in the first post died. "Milder" does not mean it can't kill you.

I can’t read this. It steals my peace. Logical or not sometimes sticking your head in the sand is better than falling apart.
Actually Lynne... there are many people who, like you, remain aware but also Walk in Faith or refuse the negative energy in many area's. I think many of those people are 'generator's' of Spiritual energy and sub-consciously realize if they intake it they'll spin it out all over the place and at a way higher frequency - threads of negative here and there and everywhere. lollol. Peace IS a great Spiritual Medicine and Protector. Stress kills Peace Heals. And finally... this "that which we shall not name" (See... I won't even SPEAK it but to a rare few) is not logical... not even a little... and I will never, EVER, be doubtful that the true target of this thing was/is/and continues to be The Spirit... Peace be upon you and your House Lynne.

My state holds it's own record for being the second to the last of safe states.

Well... the people who are FROM here are naturally reclusive and social distancing is called MANNERS. lol Buttt... the 'others' are violently anti-masker, anti-vax, anti- anti-anti... Now, many people have been insulted and literally assaulted for wearing a mask... but I aint one of those. I aint putting up with no s*it. I'm old school. Voting is a Sacred Right - don't ask don't tell AND you don't want to get in my space or face OR the poor kid behind the counter's face either with your idiot verbiage on ANY subject including but not limited to MASKS. I will flat grab the nearest heavy object and lay you out and your little friends too. I am 68 years old and I will deem it to the death if I have to fight so be aware... it is not my plan to be shoved, pushed, punched or 'other'... And I'll do all this with a smile behind my mask. People seem to sense this. ;bg3 :mask: