The strangest thing ....

AHEM! Card carrying member of AARP here! Someone wanna let me know where this "old people" store is? Cuz right after I kick you two whippersnappers in the butt for the comments, I'd like to see if there is a sale. ;)

Forgot to say, I’m an AARP Warrior too Debi. Though I siill have to renew membership this week, wanna check membership numbers to see who’s first? :p

And the little raspberry ones are better than the ribbons. :p

You are right. And the lemon ones are pretty puckery but those raspberry ones rock...like “rock candy”. They really do have the best favor don’t they.

So where the heck can you find this stuff in 2018?

6c360d133d0b5ede.jpg

Nuts.com Brachs Holiday Mix

Here is the old people candy store. Yes I get the catalog. But I don't buy it or eat it. I only eat candy from when I was a little slugger.:)

Who is up for an Everlasting Gobstopper? Maybe a Reggie bar?
www.vermontcountrystore.com.
Of course they also sell fruitcake
download.jpeg
I get it that my great aunt's went through the Great Depression and you should be happy for what you have. But given the fruit cake and the old people candy I think that the hobos had it better.:)

Last edited:
Reactions: Debi
6c360d133d0b5ede.jpg

Nuts.com Brachs Holiday Mix
Just looking at that holiday candy makes me question my religion. Do you think the Zoroastrians or The Druids have anything better? I'm just going to assume yes.

Just looking at that holiday candy makes me question my religion. Do you think the Zoroastrians or The Druids have anything better? I'm just going to assume yes.
Paint, you need the memories. The teeth breaking, sticky, who touched it last adventure of it all!

Reactions: Paintman
Yes. Probably sherbet. Certainly not the disgusting liquorice stick for dipping though. That is clearly of Roman origin. Druids also ate gherkin slices, but forbade the entire rest of the Big Mac and just put the gherkin in a Double Whopper. The Zoroastrians made a great gin martini but thought Guinness was good stout. Nobody's perfect. The Gnostics didn't believe food existed, so their terrible menus have to be taken in context.
I just made all of this up though, so some of it may be inaccurate.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lynne and ozentity