The Stanley Hotel Night Tour (June 17th)

NateOnParanormal

Reaction score
I went to another forum to post about this, but I want to reach out to people about this. Here it is.

A few months ago, my family started talking about going to Colorado to visit relatives and to see the mountains. Little did I know, a part of the plan was to tour The Stanley Hotel AND to get a hotel nearby (The Lodge which was right by The Stanley Hotel). If you don't know, The Stanley Hotel is what inspired Steven King to write The Shining. In a now known popular room called Room 217 (which I didn't get to tour because night tours don't allow people to go where people are sleeping), Steven King woke up from a nightmare of the hallway hoses strangling his son and thus created The Shining. And from that point on, The Stanley became a popular tour of the paranormal.

Back to our family journey, we ended up getting the condo and our building was directly behind The Stanley Hotel. Aside from the eerieness, the condo was nice. The only problem was that there was no air conditioning and we had to open our windows to get the cold air from the mountains. The other problem was how creaky and noisy the condo was. There was a hot water tank in a closet behind the living room couch and it made noises from time to time.

I will say that I am a paranoid person, at least I think I was the most paranoid out of the group we had. When it turned to night and the noises kept going, I was even more paranoid. I was the one who slept out in the living room in a fold out couch, and luckily, I was able to get some sleep despite the noises. On the first night, I could've sworn I saw a shadow in my peripheral vision to my left. I turned to see if something was there but there was nothing.

I saw another shadow again and I turned and a large shadow was moving from left to right and I panicked but I didn't scream because nothing happened after it disappeared. On the night tour, I saw something similar in the ballroom (Which is also closed off to guests except people on a tour). I got to sit on the staircase where you go up the stage, and I remember turning my head to the left thinking I would see something, and in my peripheral, I did. I turned and the translucent dark figure walking to the right was gone. At least, that's how I can describe it. This "shadow" person is actually three dimensional, unlike a shadow. I have taken pictures in the ballroom, and more of my story can be seen here:
There's only imagery, but I found it to be most effective. There are a lot of notable apparitions, like the face on my brother's clothing, the full body child behind the tables. Those ones you can definitely see, but the last part of the video is the creepiest of them all where we went to the underground tunnel under The Stanley Hotel. I'm willing to give you the original and brightened photos I have taken. You can have a better look at the photographs with the full images. The original and modified photos I have taken at The Stanley Hotel.zip

I have never been to one of those Halloween mock-up haunted houses as a child or teen but dang this definitely creeped me out. What do you guys think?

Reactions: WhitneyKristina
Hi Nate and welcome to the forum. Curious me wants to know if you've ever had any other paranormal experiences? Did anyone else in the group see as much as you did?

Hi Nate and welcome to the forum. Curious me wants to know if you've ever had any other paranormal experiences? Did anyone else in the group see as much as you did?
I'm not sure. I took note of the tour guide to take at least 3 to 10 photos in one spot, and that's what I did. However, I think in my family it wasn't something to consider. (Update: I texted my brother and he claims he took a lot of pictures as well. We haven't brightened the photos yet, so maybe we're going to see something just as interesting. Another update: It seems he didn't take as many photos as me after all, but there is an apparition he circled, and it was the same spirit in the tunnel like in my video at the end.) I feel like I could've taken a photo of some places like the tour room downstairs from The Stanley Hotel and I feel like I would've seen something because I felt nauseous going into the tour room. It was small and condensed and had no air conditioning but I feel like something was slightly influencing me. My family was the first ones to the tour room and eventually, people started going into the tour room to get ready for the night while we were watching The Shining on one TV in the room. The weird thing is that when people went into the room, I felt less nauseous. Eventually, I heard from the tour guide that someone named Rosa haunts the tour room and the guide claims he smelled roses and heard a whisper while he was walking into the tour room and he heard a voice saying "Thank you for your stay" at least I think that's what he told us. Other than The Stanley Hotel, I believe I have experienced other paranormal experiences but it was something I was unaware of. I could go into detail but it would be a long post. That's all I know for now, or maybe I'll remember something else in the meantime.

Reactions: Debi
The Stanley is well known for activity, which many now feel may be more residual than intelligent in most cases. The stone in that area seems to be very good for the stone tape theory where energy is absorbed and plays back over and over. It's very possible you have gotten some evidence there.

The Stanley is well known for activity, which many now feel may be more residual than intelligent in most cases. The stone in that area seems to be very good for the stone tape theory where energy is absorbed and plays back over and over. It's very possible you have gotten some evidence there.

Yes, that whole area is rich in quartz and limestone. The Stanley is the most famous but there is activity reported in other parts of town as well.

Yes, that whole area is rich in quartz and limestone. The Stanley is the most famous but there is activity reported in other parts of town as well.
Good to know. That does tend to add to the stone tape theory if other activity is in the area. I do believe there is also intelligent haunting there as well but the two combined would explain why there is so much of it over other areas.

Here is one of the photos that my brother took, and I happen to spot a floating skull in the center of the view.

Attachments

• Possible Aparitions or just Pareidolia Matt's iPhone #2 Auto-leveled.jpg
    Possible Aparitions or just Pareidolia Matt's iPhone #2 Auto-leveled.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 136