The specials...

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
It's that time again! The Christmas "specials" on TV! Some have become traditions for us here at the Bird household. What are your favorites and which ones bring back great memories for you?

45681251_2469802139958193_5577890111967723520_n (Small).jpg

A really old one for Paint from Chicago WGN.

Another from our Chicago past...Ray Raynor Show every Christmas

I like A Christmas Carol in general. My favorite version of it is “Scrooged” though because it ties the moral lessons more to modern times. I think if people can distance themselves by thinking something quaint & antiquated, the moral lessons can be distanced too.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lynne and Paintman
Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer is now in it's 52nd broadcast, I think. I have never missed a year.

At my house, until The Christmas Story with the Red Rider BB gun is shown, it's not officially Christmas. (3 boys...it's to be expected.)

Reactions: Paintman
Debi, thank you for the WGN Christmas cartoons. I kicked off the holiday season on Thanksgiving when WGN had the 'documentary' on Bozo, Ray Rayner ,and Garfield Goose.
Last week I caught myself singing Suzy Snowflake and could not remember all the words :p.
My current holiday favorites include when The Simpsons celebrate Christmas.:)

Reactions: Debi
If you want to add a complete train wreck of political propaganda, try Frosty Returns.

I highly recommend some level of intoxication while watching, though.

Reactions: Lynne and Debi