The sound of...

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
WHAT SOUNDS DO YOU REMEMBER FROM YOUR PAST? WHAT REMINDS YOU OF ANOTHER TIME OR PLACE? (NO MUSIC...THAT'S A GIMME.)

101534725_2774875219287978_7556399889593139200_n.jpg

The sound of the surf. I spent a lot of time at the beach when I was young and always loved the sounds at night sitting by a fire and roasting hotdog weiners.

The sound of the crickets chirping as I played at night watching and chasing fireflies.

The sound of the Bullfrogs by the lake when we went camping.

The deep rumble of a big engine always makes me think about the good old days street light racing when I was a kid. I met my wife on the main drag one night doing that. I was 18 and she was 15...Nearly 50 years going steady...Where did the time go...

Lordy, I hadn't thought about that ice cream truck in forever!! I remember when we would hear it as kids we would all run home and try to get money from our Mamas. That was a big thing in the 50s and 60s.

The world was so different back then. There were all sorts of people that came on a regular basis to the neighborhood. Along with a milkman that just came in the back door and put the milk in the fridge we had a man that came by twice a month and sharpened knives and scissors, a seafood truck, Schwan that delivered frozen foods, AND then a plethora of door to door salesmen selling everything in the world. The newspapers were delivered twice a day by young boys on bicycles.