Welcome to the Official Paranormal Forum
Join today to discuss Paranormal experiences or participate in conversations covering True Ghost Stories, Cryptozoology, UFOs & Aliens, and much more.

The sound of...

OP
Debi

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Launching your small fishing boat on a small lake at the crack of dawn....the silence of the lake, the occasional splash of the fish you are out to catch, the trolling motor quietly taking you away from the shore line.

7Christie

Paranormal Trooper
Staff
Reaction score
Launching your small fishing boat on a small lake at the crack of dawn....the silence of the lake, the occasional splash of the fish you are out to catch, the trolling motor quietly taking you away from the shore line.
And the smell of the burning engine fuel.

Reactions: Lynne and Debi

Duke

Open-minded critical thinker
Staff
Reaction score
Train horns, particularly late at night. When I was 7 years old, we moved to an old farm house less than a quarter mile from a railroad crossing. We got to the point of not even noticing train horns, except for summer nights when we slept with open bedroom windows. A train horn that close at 2am would wake the dead. When I hear train horns now late at night, it immediately reminds me of my childhood.

garnetsilver

Truth Seeker
Reaction score
I lived in this one house, for about a year, that had railroad tracks that were pretty close, too. Oddly enough, I got used to the racket and would often sleep right through it!

Reactions: Lynne