The sound of...

Wood pigeons cooing reminds me instantly of summer days. Most people dislike pigeons but I love them - they're just another wild animal trying to survive.

Wood pigeons cooing reminds me instantly of summer days. Most people dislike pigeons but I love them - they're just another wild animal trying to survive.
I love birds and have enjoyed adding feeders to my yard. I spend a lot of time at my window watching. I have some beautiful doves that coo.

The sound of the mantle clock chiming midnight at my grandmothers house. Had to be wound up every few days and the key was kept under it. It was heavy - slate I think, and had an old tin next to it saying "telephone", the idea was that anybody using the phone would chip in.

Reactions: garnetsilver
The sound of the mantle clock chiming midnight at my grandmothers house. Had to be wound up every few days and the key was kept under it. It was heavy - slate I think, and had an old tin next to it saying "telephone", the idea was that anybody using the phone would chip in.
You reminded me of a clock that my father brought home when I was a kid; it had two little Swiss figures who would come out to strike the hours.

The sound of cicada's brings me back to summer evenings as a child playing kick the can.
I’ve struggled repeatedly to come up with a sound to share. But your post Jay is a great one. I used to live on the island of Okinawa where cicadas were really prevalent. Then returned to San Diego and missed the incredible sound. But cicadas populate the trees in our yard here in Florida. That sound is so much “The South” to me.