The Smell of ghosts

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Haunting Phenomena: The Smell Of Ghosts

https://www.strangerdimensions.com/2017/06/20/haunting-phenomena-smell-ghosts/#disqus_thread

ghost-smells-620x330.jpg

Image: Adi Goldstein/Unsplash
Beyond visual sightings of apparitions or mysterious goo dripping from walls, one of the other signs of a haunting is the presence of an inexplicable – and sometimes unfortunate – smell.

The Association for the Scientific Study of Anomalous Phenomena has a page devoted to this matter of “paranormal smells” on their website. According to their research, a smell could be considered paranormal if it has no identifiable or even possible source.

Something truly out of the ordinary.

Oftentimes, the ghostly smell will be reported as familiar – such as a type of perfume or cologne once worn by a deceased family member, especially if it’s no long present in the home.

Even those circumstances, however, don’t necessarily mean that any given smell is supernatural. But let’s take a look at the possibilities.

Full story at site

I will sometimes encounter a smell that is out of place. Usually it's a pleasant smell. Articles like this tell me that it could be a visitor from the other side.

Reactions: Lynne and Debi
On ghost hunts I have smelt lavender, cigarettes, and even the smell of blood.

It sounds very morbid but I often smell stale urine and tobacco smoke and I know that my granddad is visiting me. I know that sounds strange...

It sounds very morbid but I often smell stale urine and tobacco smoke and I know that my granddad is visiting me. I know that sounds strange...
I understand you. (No need to elaborate.;)). And Hi & welcome !
My cousin, brother & Mom were on a busy Chicago street when the theater was letting out. We smelled my deceased Uncle Johns pipe tobacco. We all smiled knowingly. Nobody was surprised. Nobody smokes pipes anymore, let alone some obscure English brand.
Sometimes we would smell my Dad's Pall Mall smoke. Usually during holidays w/ the family all together. (I will often look towards furniture or the house itself holding onto absorbed smoke and releasing it. Kinda figures right? But Mom's house has new hardwood floors, all walls and ceilings sealed and re-painted. And I have all of the upholstered furniture - so naw. It was Dad.)
Now I wonder what I'll smell like ?:D

Reactions: Lynne and 7Critter
I understand you. (No need to elaborate.;)). And Hi & welcome !
My cousin, brother & Mom were on a busy Chicago street when the theater was letting out. We smelled my deceased Uncle Johns pipe tobacco. We all smiled knowingly. Nobody was surprised. Nobody smokes pipes anymore, let alone some obscure English brand.
Sometimes we would smell my Dad's Pall Mall smoke. Usually during holidays w/ the family all together. (I will often look towards furniture or the house itself holding onto absorbed smoke and releasing it. Kinda figures right? But Mom's house has new hardwood floors, all walls and ceilings sealed and re-painted. And I have all of the upholstered furniture - so naw. It was Dad.)
Now I wonder what I'll smell like ?:D
Paint, baseballs, and jambalaya. :p

Reactions: Lynne and Paintman
It would make since If the departed wanted to let us know they were with us without scaring us, an associated odor would be the thing to do. I've often had unexplainable floral scents waft threw or that I'll walk into. It never lasts long but it makes ya wonder