The Shack

I have the book but haven’t read it.

Reactions: Paulm
Has anyone seen the movie ? This was a nice song. Very sad tho

I have the book but haven’t read it.
Has anyone seen the movie ? This was a nice song. Very sad tho
the book is very good and the movie follows the book closely. i would recommend both. of course the book will have more detail but the movie hits the emotions hard. it will make you "think" of how you view spirituality. most people either loved it or hated it because of this. very few fence sitters... it will make you think..... if watching the movie its best to sit with no distractions or interuptions.

Reactions: Lynne
My wife got me this book a few years ago but I haven't read it yet- I haven't read fiction in decades, so it takes an act of Congress to get me to do it.
I especially don't want to open myself to any additional emotional load these days.

But it's on my night stand, and one of these days, who knows? It just might get read.

the book is very good and the movie follows the book closely. i would recommend both. of course the book will have more detail but the movie hits the emotions hard. it will make you "think" of how you view spirituality. most people either loved it or hated it because of this. very few fence sitters... it will make you think..... if watching the movie its best to sit with no distractions or interuptions.
Thank you Paul. I may make time to read it now

My wife got me this book a few years ago but I haven't read it yet- I haven't read fiction in decades, so it takes an act of Congress to get me to do it.
I especially don't want to open myself to any additional emotional load these days.

But it's on my night stand, and one of these days, who knows? It just might get read.
I often feel the emotional overload. About two years ago both of my parents had long bouts of hospital stays. The emotional strain and worry was so draining I almost collapsed. Prior to that my husband went through two years of on and off disability while I was still working. I worked all night and was at the hospital all day for several months. This forum and my faith got me through. I totally understand your state. I have lately found fictional reading fun again. I am finding it a fun escape.