The Robots are coming

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score

Boston Dynamics has posted new video of its advanced humanoid robot, Atlas, performing several tasks with uncanningly humanlike movements. In the footage, Atlas can be seen running outside in a park-like setting, over uneven terrain, and jumping a log obstructing its path. Atlas and another Boston Dynamics project, SpotMini robo-dog, inspire both admiration and fear among some who see the robots as a step closer to the bleak futures envisioned in Black Mirror and The Terminator

Reactions: Paulm and Lynne
i tell you this. I have known three people that worked in nursing homes. My ex in Alabama was an RN she was the boss of her shift, they all stole drugs so having robots care for the elderly is probably better, the wages they pay they CNA's is minimum at best and they don't get quality help.

I'm not saying that about all nursing homes just the ones that I have known.
Hey remind me to die before I’m old enough to get shipped off to a home

Reactions: Paulm and Lynne
Might be because I have not written it but that's no excuse.

Back to the subject sorry for getting off track Bird. I do have great respect for the elderly now more than ever because I am getting up there and notice things changing in me. Sometimes the best thing you can do for someone like an elderly relative is just call them and reminisce about things.