The Rings of Power

Selectric

Tier-1 Mod
Reaction score
Not a huge Tolkien fan, but started watching the new series. It is only 2 eps in, but it confused the hell out me lol. So, i did some net searches and started to find some back story stuff. So far, this show seems off and people are already up in arms about the season. The cinematography is beautiful though. Anyone else start watching this and if so, what's your take on it?

I tried very carefully to word everything without giving stuff away. May be a show where you need to watch the entire season to see where they going with it. Though if you the movie fan and not know much about the writings, you already know what the end result is going to be. Do kind of hate the drib and drab formula. Thought with modern streaming that was going to go out the window.

I tried very carefully to word everything without giving stuff away. May be a show where you need to watch the entire season to see where they going with it. Though if you the movie fan and not know much about the writings, you already know what the end result is going to be. Do kind of hate the drib and drab formula. Thought with modern streaming that was going to go out the window.
My son is furious over the whole deal with it. They threw Tolkien out the window and are doing their own "updated interpretation" of it. If you read the books, the first film Trilogy was excellent. This is, according to my son, awful in comparison.

I understand Amazon spent a Billion on this thing. And it's probably gonna bomb on them.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: Selectric
My son is furious over the whole deal with it. They threw Tolkien out the window and are doing their own "updated interpretation" of it. If you read the books, the first film Trilogy was excellent. This is, according to my son, awful in comparison.

I understand Amazon spent a Billion on this thing. And it's probably gonna bomb on them.
The big trend now is the multiverse stuff. Perhaps if they threw out Tolkien's version(s), this is what happens 'elsewhere' or following the 'what if' ideology.

Reactions: Lynne
Haven’t heard if this series. I may have to look at it now.

Reactions: Selectric
Well, the first season of RoP concluded. I stuck with it to see how it'd go. Honestly, it was pretty decent once the momentum got started. Not being a die hard fan helps see past the changes to the original work.

Reactions: Lynne